Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'92 MX83 Cressida Grande

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Had a win with the oil leak, changed both cam cover gaskets, the old ones were so hard and brittle they broke in half when removing them, you could also see how badly they were over tightened in the past. I also cleaned out all PCV lines which were pretty clogged, and removed/cleaned the TB which was putrid too, seems this old girl hadn't been given much love in the last few years.

2jbqc7.jpg

n13wxf.jpg

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Great you got to love cheap fixes it was probably run on the cheap like most of these now but I'm sure that will change.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Proof that having a history on a car doesn't mean ****, going by the documents, I know I'm the 3rd owner and the 2 previous owners were older gents, the service history was spot on up to 70,000kms (1st owner), after that it's a bit inconsistent (2nd owner), it's got 164xxx on it now. No evidence of a head gasket being done or timing belt for that matter, so, I'll be taking it easy on this engine until the conversion happens.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Hows the coolant look in it no signs of the timing belt done at all?.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hows the coolant look in it no signs of the timing belt done at all?.

Coolant is good, there's no paper trail leading to a timing belt having been done, no sticker in the engine bay or anything, I haven't taken the timing cover off to inspect it yet, and I probably won't as I don't plan on keeping this engine for long.

My Mrs hates it haha, she says it's an ugly old grandpa's car, I keep telling her that's the whole point, once it has the 1J with a big single strapped on, it will be the definition of sleeper.
This is what I said to her, "Babe, you have to look past the bland styling to see the engineering masterpiece that lies beneath", she nearly fell over laughing! but I was serious, compare this car to others from the same era and in the same class, VP Commodores, EB Falcons etc

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Any updates on the beast??????

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon