Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A 19x10.5 fit ok on VE

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Am looking at either the MY16 VF SS Staggered redline wheels or staggered Koya 19x9.5 or 19x10.5 rear 19x8.5 fronts

Question, with the 19x10.5 on rear, is this going to be ok with guard roll and I assume the offset will be correct when or if I order these...

cheers

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
From what ive seen, as long as you get the right offset 10/10.5 wide is fine, your going to have to have a 42-45p offset if you want anything close to ssl or sssl springs, you will need a guard roll.
If you run the redline staggered wheels, you wont need to worry about offset or guard roll, as they have the perfect offset and you can go as low as you want.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

If you use a HSV VE 19x9.5 as a base (19x9.5 +57 with 275/35/19 tyre), you know that in regards to where that combo sits within the well/guard the inner side doesn't rub so I try to keep the backspace at 191mm and then build any additional rim and tyre width going outwards. So my suggestion is something like a 19x10 +50 with a 285/35/19 which only sticks out a further 12mm from a HSV setup or if you want to go a 10.5 rim then 19x10.5 +43 with a 305/30/19 tyre and all that will stick out about 29mm further than the HSV wheel and tyre this is based on.

The great thing about Koya's is the ability to order virtually any offset you want so you can get your offset exactly right. A lot of the off the shelf wheels are a compromise offset so that it fits beemers etc and isn't necessarily the optimum offset for a commodore so that's why half the wide rears you see end up with the rim sticking out quite far and then the guy running a narrow 255 on a 10inch rim for example.

I just think it makes sense to utilise as much of the space inside the wheel well as possible so you can go as fat as you can go and minimise the overhang somewhat.

Evenyone has their own ideas though on this, that's just my 2 cents worth.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I thought koyas had offsets you can pick in between, so if you want the 20' deep concave wheels you can only go as high as 35p and as low as -6, but you can only order within that range?

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
The range is wide enough to fit virtually any application incl what I mentioned above.