Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think HSV were a bit screwed up around the time of the MY change
Yeah doesn't surprise me, I was Googling around yesterday looking for build numbers of Tourers and there was a page on build-numbers that seemed to have an official-sounding HSV URL and which was referring to MY15 as GenF2 ... which clearly it wasn't (ps. I think they said ~580 MY15 R8's overall so it's hard to imagine more than say 150 Tourers ... and if manual Tourers were in effect a dealer special-order item then they ain't going to be common).

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yeah doesn't surprise me, I was Googling around yesterday looking for build numbers of Tourers and there was a page on build-numbers that seemed to have an official-sounding HSV URL and which was referring to MY15 as GenF2 ... which clearly it wasn't (ps. I think they said ~580 MY15 R8's overall so it's hard to imagine more than say 150 Tourers ... and if manual Tourers were in effect a dealer special-order item then they ain't going to be common).

I just wish HSV would release all the build info for the VFs.
Every day there is a post on FB group asking how many of X variant there is.

The weird thing is they will actually give you specifics via FB messenger. I checked earlier in the year and apparently there are 69 (;)) R8 SVs in Regal Peacock.

The SS guys have got their $hit together, with a spreadsheet even down to options.
https://www.ssforums.com/threads/official-master-production-list-all-years.186481/

peterhor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chev SS 6spd; 2017 SSV Redline Spitfire 6spd
Really surprised! When did Dutton become so invested in HSV - they currently have 49 cars for sale - wow, I only new them as high end lux and supercars. Do they know something about price direction than we do? I've also been told by a friend in the industry that there's a shortage of stock (in particular, last gen manuals) and combined with people’s sentiments from Covid, prices have increase dramatically

Last edited:

peterhor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chev SS 6spd; 2017 SSV Redline Spitfire 6spd
"just wish HSV would release all the build info for the VFs.
Every day there is a post on FB group asking how many of X variant there is.

The weird thing is they will actually give you specifics via FB messenger. I checked earlier in the year and apparently there are 69 (;)) R8 SVs in Regal Peacock.

The SS guys have got their $hit together, with a spreadsheet even down to options.
https://www.ssforums.com/threads/official-master-production-list-all-years.186481/"

Chev customer care along with all the members of the community have collectively gathered the information to the extent there is very little gaps in the knowledge of all export VF's. I've tried hard to gather similar information on my Aus VF2 Spitfire from GMH - where its placed in total production numbers, color combinations, and options, no success yet. For example, I know my VF1 export is number 3088 built in 2015 as a M6 SLIHRM and has a Sunroof, no spare, number 19 of 19 built that way.

SSV364

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV S2 Redline
Yeah it's gone bannas over the last 2 month and price have inflated significantly on all model Holden Commodores. I was lucky to get VE redline for a decent price.

myls362

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
It’s not just HSV. Prices for anything with an SS badge on it has gone nuts. XR8 Falcons have also gone nuts.

HBDVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy lumina HBD V6 SC
they are adopting American car sales techniques if you want it you have to pay for it just buy a standard commy put a Lsa in it put a badge on it done, its just badges (we dont need no stinking badges.)

Graham C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive wagon ,Vs executive wagon
Seriously, what is going on, surely people can't be buying these things for these prices.

[/URL]

Surely the dealer is having a lend.
Its Duttons in Melbourne. Inotice on the add it says family buisness since 1911, the people running it now bought the name.They are buying up anything HSV i heard and storing them, i guess expecting them to rapidly increase in value. Its like when Brock died all of the HDT cars went up overnight.