Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS fault

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 CALAIS 2012, A6, 3.6
apparently they are a sealed init not removable nor can you renew just the bearing. Best to replace the " abs hub" as its only 3 Allen bolts to remove. I suggest not to fit a cheap set as all bearings arnt made of the same quality. New gen from memory were about $200+ each with a holden parts warranty. Give spare parts your vin number and you get the correct item suited to your vehicle... My codes reset after a certain number of km possibly 5000. If the computer no longer detects a fault. But records it in its data collector. I can't say yes or no to your ec ob2.
yes I removed one of my front discs today and discovered that the sensors are inside the bearing hub , but my front wheel bearings are fine no movement at all , cars only done 125 K . guess I will have to get a mechanic to pinpoint where the abs fault is . my scantool only diagnoses engine and transmission codes . fault may be in the abs module in engine bay. thanks also for your help .

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
yes I removed one of my front discs today and discovered that the sensors are inside the bearing hub , but my front wheel bearings are fine no movement at all , cars only done 125 K . guess I will have to get a mechanic to pinpoint where the abs fault is . my scantool only diagnoses engine and transmission codes . fault may be in the abs module in engine bay. thanks also for your help .
lt shouldnt be the module, l got told the same thing with a similar issue. I changed the hubs and the w s sensors and no more issue. The w s sensors can be cleaned also.

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
lt shouldnt be the module, l got told the same thing with a similar issue. I changed the hubs and the w s sensors and no more issue. The w s sensors can be cleaned also.
can I just remove the front hubs and clean the sensors ? what about the rear wheel sensors , do the rear discs have to be removed to access the sensors ?

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
can I just remove the front hubs and clean the sensors ? what about the rear wheel sensors , do the rear discs have to be removed to access the sensors ?
lve seen abs hubs front with sensor internal also wheel speed sensor for front also rear on ve located in different positions. Maybee a year variation. You will need to check under the car. Google ve rear wheel speed sensor location and you will understand.

Last edited:

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
lve seen abs hubs front with sensor internal also wheel speed sensor for front also rear on ve located in different positions. Maybee a year variation. You will need to check under the car. Google ve rear wheel speed sensor location and you will understand.
yes i will check out the location of the rear wheel sensors , my car is vy not ve . thanks again for your replies .

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
yes i will check out the location of the rear wheel sensors , my car is vy not ve . thanks again for your replies .
Sorry for that. Google vy and it may give you a understanding of the components better and location.