Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS module serial numbers

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
Can anybody explain what you need to match in regards to the serial number on the bottom of the abs module..
Is it the whole number or just part of the number
thanks in advance

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
anybody ?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I think I read it has to be the whole number,
As there is Different Part numbers for different model variants, Exec, Berlina, Calais & Statesman, and others in between.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What about having a mess around on this link using your VIN and see what comes up in regard to alternative part numbers.
https://www.autozone.com/

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Thanks but its a USA site and vin # no workie ...Ive just brought one from ebay its from the same year model, is a no traction control model and most of the numbers match :)
so will bung it in and see what happens..Holden have no more stock and are not bringing any more in. So its second hand or bin it
thanks again for the reply's

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks but its a USA site and vin # no workie ...Ive just brought one from ebay its from the same year model, is a no traction control model and most of the numbers match :)
so will bung it in and see what happens..Holden have no more stock and are not bringing any more in. So its second hand or bin it
thanks again for the reply's
Thought it was worth a try because it’s been handy for a few members getting hard to get parts.

Yes it’s a US site. US and UK allow a car owner to find the relative parts just as a parts interpreter will at Holden.

How much easier would it make a parts interpreters job if we could stuff about at home finding what we are after on the manufactures website. Go to them and the cross check things. They order the part. All the homework is done.

AC Delco also have a version of that feature in some places overseas.

It does my head in how restricted we are to access information to repair our vehicles regardless of recent updates to the law. However that is a whole other story for another thread topic.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I don’t know if VZ and VY are similar, but with the VY any module will work if the software and VAP number in the software are the same. The external part number isn’t as important. Manual to Auto doesn’t matter but with need to have same traction/stability setup.
There’s a wrecker in Canberra called CommWreck, his name is Shane. Last time I spoke to him he said he had approx 80 ABS modules in stock, definitely worth trying him if you can’t find one

Last edited:

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Well that didnt work...still have an error...anyone know of diag software or dongle/unit that checks abs faults?
prob help to know whats failed rather than play throw parts at it an see what sticks
thanks
ps also found this
https://www.envyouscustoms.com/product/holden-ve-ebcm-abs-programming-vin/
is this ve only or do vz have the same issue
Also, there is a diagnostic procedure that can be done using the OBD2 port. With a paper clip and watching the ABS light flash. I posted the instructions a few weeks ago in another ABS issue thread

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride