Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra 5th surge

Vamp01

Reaction score
Members Ride
lx6 adventura
Hi I have an 07 Adventra lx6 5th gear kinda slips but more like a thud hard to describe .. Only happens when its hot / up to temp., fluid changed with penrite ATF FS , level checked as per procedure , filters changed..

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
How many K's ?

Had it been serviced previously ?

Vamp01

Reaction score
Members Ride
lx6 adventura
About 230.000 kms
No idea of previous history other than was a company vehicle at some point judging by sign writing remnants so I'd huess it was at least serviced during its time with them Cheers Brent

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm, Mine has clocked over 260,000 k's on the weekend, and is now driving great,
Its 2 ton of fun to drive !

I have a clunk in mine when I place it in reverse, but I am sure its the RH Front Control Arm Rear Bush,
A little while ago I purchased a set of Front SuperPro Bushes and need to find time to install them, as its not a an hours task,
Especially going by @Fu Manchu thread of his Cross8 Project, absolutely amazing the work he has done on his Crewman,
He sometimes scares me with what I SHOULD BE DOING to the Adventra :eek:
or I am too embarrassed of what I haven't done :(

There is a creaking noise every so often,
and it's the dry Nolethaine bush 1 of the previous others [being 2 I can work out] had a bush replaced on the RH Lower Control Arm at the rear,
So in the interim, I was spraying with WD40, but doesnt last long,
Otherwise I have been using Lithium Spray Grease on the bush, and settles it down for a few days,
Then it rains and the creaking is back in another few days,
So I will attempt it soon,
It has to be done, as the Kit cost me $320, and it won’t work while it is sitting on my desk. :(

Last edited:

Vamp01

Reaction score
Members Ride
lx6 adventura
Hmm, Mine has clocked over 260,000 k's on the weekend, and is now driving great,
Its 2 ton of fun to drive !

I have a clunk in mine when I place it in reverse, but I am sure its the RH Front Control Arm Rear Bush,
A little while ago I purchased a set of Front SuperPro Bushes and need to find time to install them, as its not a an hours task,
Especially going by @Fu Manchu thread of his Cross8 Project, absolutely amazing the work he has done his Crewman,
He sometimes scares me with what I SHOULD BE DOING to the Adventra :eek:
or I am too embarrassed of what I haven't done :(

There is a creaking noise every so often,
and it's the dry Nolethaine bush 1 of the previous others [being 2 I can work out] had a bush replaced on the RH Lower Control Arm at the rear,
So in the interim, I was spraying with WD40, but doesnt last long,
Otherwise I have been using Lithium Spray Grease on the bush, and settles it down for a few days,
Then it rains and the creaking is back in another few days,
So I will attempt it soon,
It has to be done, as the Kit cost me $320, and it work while it is sitting on my desk. :(
KS are actually 262 I checked after my previous reply .. Yeah it's not suspension related definitely in the transmission like it kinda half kicks down a gear but not quite

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds a bit like a worn clutch pack,
I had a similar issue with my 6 speed in my VE,
possibly only because it was mainly a highway car, so 5th & 6th was worn out,
The down side was it cost $5.6k to replace it, but it’s as good as new again, and drives like new,
At that cost it should be I guess, but it’s was worth it.

Maybe get a couple of quotes to have an idea of what it may cost,
I though you could try and source a S/Hand one as that would be a cheaper option,
But that could also have issues,
Damned if you do, Damned if ya don’t!

All Terrain Action

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VZ Adventras about 3 of them plus VY2 LS Adventra
Hi I have an 07 Adventra lx6 5th gear kinda slips but more like a thud hard to describe .. Only happens when its hot / up to temp., fluid changed with penrite ATF FS , level checked as per procedure , filters changed..
How many k's? Does it feel like some type of attempt to go into torque lockup and it's making this? (between 2100-2500rpm? in 5th?) If 300-350,000kms common issue in the Adventra community in the v6 to report Torque Converter replacement has often fixed issues as the 5L40E is good for more, it's mostly the converter that goes iffy first, leave it too long, and then when it goes your trans goes with it due to what it sends back through your transmission - basically a $350 + labour change over converter vs full rebuild cost.

When cruising speed say 100km/h does the rpm needle bounce around a little than stay steady on a flat road crusing?

You've kinda done all the first check things like fluid level check, filter, and stuff like that.

2422 or 2424 Torque Converter Code is what you need, both will work in the 5L40E in the Adventra's

Attachments

• IMG_1407.JPEG
    IMG_1407.JPEG
    226.2 KB · Views: 82