Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afstruct's 06 buell Firebolt

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, like the VFR.
RFs stock as , just a Ventura rack, not even a slip on , so quiet . Like reving it a little , not right out you'll going to be in trouble if you do that too much. But because everything else I've got doesn't rev, yeah. It really needs 5k before it's going, so 5k to 8k or 9k and it's still quiet I'm going oops need to behave .

H

harrop.senator

My gsxf is only bike I didn't have a pipe on when I bought it. Welded one on after trying to start an already running bike with helmet on lol.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ha ha ha , yeah the RFs not that quiet , at least I don't think I'd try starting it when already running.
It's the only one I've had that hasn't had a muffler change .
Buells the first with a full exhaust change.
The yammy TRX I had I would take it down to the front fence to start.
Still got an anonymous typed letter asking me to reduce the warm up time

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My RD is loud because of the chambers. I had a neighbour a few years back who used to complain about my dog barking, even went to the council as he reckoned the dog went him.... yeah right..... Anyway we had a long driveway, long enough to push start the RD. So I started it and then after a warm up sat at the end of my driveway with the exhaust pointing across the road at his house and revved it up in neutral for like a whole minute just to piss him off....

H

harrop.senator

I live semi rural everyone's on 5 acres. A bloke tried complaining about how much I revved my gsxr on the way to work (4.5-5k)

I took the Honda to work for a week that shakes the windows on idle. Didn't have a complaint again ;)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, TRX was still carby, so choke , so it'd idle away at 2k or 3k for a bit .
With it facing the street ,so exhaust pointed to house I could go to the back of the house and hear and feel that deep bass.
You'd get lots of comments when out and about, especially in the first 6-12 months I had it . Recon part of that was because just before Suzuki tl 1000 and honda firestorm were around and the loudish Vtwin became more popular and common.
Recon lucky with the buell being fuel injection so doesn't bump revs up at cold idle, it does give odd hiccup occasionally though . It also probably helps that it's limited use.
I'd use the TRX at every opportunity when I had it. They've become a bit of a cult bike as well .

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Interesting vid, my RD does the same unless you lean over the tank and keep the weight on the front wheel if you're nailing it to get a fast start. I'd think you lose a few races if your front wheel keeps leaving the ground??
Yeah, ya have to drop the clutch with some revs on a prepped track to do that. I usually release the clutch in 2 stages over a second ish, and about 3inch air under the front tyre is about the perfect launch. That vid was a grudge race just for fun. I cut a 0.002 light though.