Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Seat Help

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Hey Guys and Girls,

I'm seriously considering buying a pair of SAAS GT seats for my VR sedan.

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them, and more importantly, how do I mount them? Do I purchase the adaptor, and/or the rails? Will they then bolt straight in and still be legal?

SAAS GT Seat - Auto Parts & Tool Shop

GT_greyAngle.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
U can use the original rails from ur vr, and mount ur new seat on it, or purchase the adapter rails/plate. U cannot modify the mount points.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'm not sure how the second link mounts in ther, it looks like it's for the base of the seat. The top link is the slider which but only looks like the slider with nothing else.

I'm a little confused sorry mate, Im sure someone has used these and will chime in. If I did this I would use the current rails.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
I'm not sure how the second link mounts in ther, it looks like it's for the base of the seat. The top link is the slider which but only looks like the slider with nothing else.

I'm a little confused sorry mate, Im sure someone has used these and will chime in. If I did this I would use the current rails.

Yeah I'm a bit confused too lol. Hopefully someone else has some experience, and yeah I want to use the current rails too if possible. Thanks for you help though, appreciate it :)

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
I sent autopartshop an email and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately SAAS don't have the seat adaptors yet. They are on order, but haven't arrived and apparently could be 3 months or so away. The best option we have found is to purchase the seats and new sliders, and then have an engineering firm either modify your existing seat mounts or a second set obtained from a wreckers or similar to suit the sliders.

An engineering firm is needed to ensure ADR regulations, insurance issues etc are all covered. I hope that explains it best, of course the alternative if you are not in a hurry, is to wait until SAAS have their mounts available."

So that clears that up. Thinking I might buy the seats now, since they are on sale and have free postage until 30 September I think it was, then wait until the sliders come out and use them.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hey mate. I used to have some racing seats in my old VR wagon. Just used the original rails, but got my uncle to make up some steel S brackets as the holes didn't line up. Wasn't too difficult.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Hey mate. I used to have some racing seats in my old VR wagon. Just used the original rails, but got my uncle to make up some steel S brackets as the holes didn't line up. Wasn't too difficult.

Thanks for that. I think I might buy the seats now, since they have free postage and are on sale atm, and put the adaptors on order. Just saves mucking around with rails since they will bolt straight in and I won't need an engi to sign off on it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have Tenzo Racing seats in my VS....I went to the wreckers and got a set of rails and welded them up.

I kept the original seats/rails in case I ever need to go over the pits