Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag light stays on

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
hey guys,

ive got a little issue with my VS... a while back i changed the steering wheel because the original one was worn, and replaced it with another one the same.. have plugged everything back in how it was but now the air bag light is staying on. im just wondering if it somehow reset something, or if theres something ive got to do to make the air bag "operational" again assuming the illuminated air bag light means it wont work if there's a crash. any help would be appreciated. thanks

- James

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
jimmyd17 said:
hey guys,

ive got a little issue with my VS... a while back i changed the steering wheel because the original one was worn, and replaced it with another one the same.. have plugged everything back in how it was but now the air bag light is staying on. im just wondering if it somehow reset something, or if theres something ive got to do to make the air bag "operational" again assuming the illuminated air bag light means it wont work if there's a crash. any help would be appreciated. thanks

- James

I think Holden can just reset it with Tech II. There is probably nothing wrong, just that the airbag system has been disconnected and reconnected again, but just to be safe, get Holden to check there are no errors in the system, and at the time they will reset it, and you will be on your way.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Im also interested to know the outcome of this problem. I am replacing my steering wheel including air bag in the next week or two. Has anyone else come across this problem? jimmyd17 have you check the fuses and tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes???

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Check the fuse ?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
As long as the battery is disconnected when playing with the airbag you will not bring up the warning light. If by chance you do get the airbag warning light on, the only fix is to have it reset by GMH or someone with a Tech 11. (around $20-40). It cannot be reset any other way. (ask me how I know)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
This of course is assuming that the new replacement setup is functional.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Fair enough. I will have the battery disconnected for the entire time i am installing the air bag.