Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air filter

T

thomasr

Would a Air filter on a VP commodore make any hp difference ???

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
go get urself a k&n reuseable filter and a vs v6 s/c cold air intake. will do more than just a standard paper filter or a pod filter.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Breath of cold air.

Thomarus. Keep to the simple forumula more air, more fuel and greater spark is the key fundamentals. So yeah a cheap and one of the first things you should do is a cold air system. A K & N filter panel filter i recomend (in standard air box). This flows reallly well with use with vs s.c air induction over radiatior or do what ive done and make a cold air indction system under car. Do not use a pod air rampod style the commodore engine bay retains 2 much heat from the radiator and enigine etc but all personal choice... The stock air box flows better, this has been tested. K & N, Redline, Uni Filter or simlar brands should set you bak $80 - $120, i piked up my K & N vn v6 one for $100 . Also the best thing along with the engine breathing well the filters can be cleaned, have great usage and ull never need to buy another cheap paper filter again. Cheers Subdue

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
hes some interesting facts for ya. there was a rally on cant remember wat lol but anyways this rally was across the desert. anyways they were using standard filters and they had to be changed every 500kms. ofcourse this would be annoying coz they would ahve to stop and put a new one in thus taking time off coz it was a race. anyways they decided to make a really good flowing airfilter that can be cleaned (e.g the k & n) they drove 13 000 kms on the one filter
without cleaning it without anything. funny **** aye
tru story.
i think those figures are about right could be 130 000kms not to sure. anyways point is go for a vs v6 s/c cold air intake. about $60 put in a k &n panal filter about $120. it will make a slight increase to the car. nothing to really brag about but good enough for less then 200$$ plus once u have done more mods then uve got a decent intake to back em up.

T

thomasr

Filtering

Does any one have a picture of a K & N filter and all that stuff use were talking about because I have know Idea about it lol. I'm just new to cars so if any one can send a pic to help explain it abit better or anything that would be great

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Can help you out with the K&N filter element.

http://knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm

Its an american company so all the info is for the states but you can pick up the elements from any half decent auto part store.

as for the air intake

http://www.ssinductions.com.au/html/vn_vs_v6.html

This is the ss induction kit, it isnt cheap but check e-bay ETC. can generaly find the same design but not ss induction for around $50 - $70

hope this helps you out.