Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ambrose wingeing (its not my fault)

V

VNBOY

markovr said:
No doubt the ford fuc*wits will cry victimisation....just proves that even when you at the top of a sport you are never bigger than it.

they are victims though, they have to drive fords!

A

AUIIXR

not quite m8 every1 is entitled to support who ever they want i was a long time supporter of holden till i got my first car also a supporter of CL (Craig Lowndes) on of the greats but in V8's there is no such thing as loyalty to a brand i.e Larry Perkins/M Skaife and Glenn Seton?Dick Johnson etc its all about money

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
There is such a thing. You'd never catch Murph racing a ford, thats why he went to Kmart in the first place.

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
AUIIXR said:
not quite m8 every1 is entitled to support who ever they want i was a long time supporter of holden till i got my first car also a supporter of CL (Craig Lowndes) on of the greats but in V8's there is no such thing as loyalty to a brand i.e Larry Perkins/M Skaife and Glenn Seton?Dick Johnson etc its all about money

Aside from racing the Mustang with Dick Johnson for Bathurst in '86 when was LP not ever loyal to Holden? Did you not see him on V8 Superstars the other week? I am willing to bet everything I own he'll be loyal to Holden to then end. Mark Skaife got his start with Nissan what would he do say No thanks I'm waiting for Holden or Ford to offer me something? I think not. But once Fred Gibson went with Holden with the introduction of the V8 class (before they were called V8 Supercars) Skaife came along and has been with them ever since - even the lean years of 96 and 97 before the HRT drive. Dick Johnson started in an LJ Torana does that make him disloyal to Ford??? And when has Glenn Seaton not been a Ford man??? Apart form his start with Nissan he's been Ford ever since. So I think that while some will chase the big $$$ (Bright, Ingall and even Lowndes) you will always have the loyalty factor as a part of the sport. I'd like to know how many drivers or teams have changed brands since '93 when the V8 class began, there'd be some but not many i think.

A

AUIIXR

yeah but wen u look back if they did start in another brand they didnt stay there for all that long

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
AUIIXR said:
yeah but wen u look back if they did start in another brand they didnt stay there for all that long

Exactly! So there must be loyalty out there wouldn't you say? Of the major players I can only think of Fred Gibson - from Nissan to Holden in 93 then to Ford to form 00 for Lowndes in 2001 (?) and now nowhere...

A

AUIIXR

Thats my point i WAS walking about brand loyalty u got ur wires crossed back wen the perkins,brock johnson etc started there wasnt the money around like there is now so they took wat they could get now most decisions are made with money

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
AUIIXR said:
Thats my point i WAS walking about brand loyalty u got ur wires crossed back wen the perkins,brock johnson etc started there wasnt the money around like there is now so they took wat they could get now most decisions are made with money
same **** different smell. :ranting: :wave: :)