Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amps, your opinion.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Time to get an amp for my speakers. (uni fees got refunded. Thank you government)

Just wondering what you guys would recommend to power 4 x Alpine type s splits (250w PEAK, 50w RMS.) Im looking at alpine amps cos all my gear is alpine so far and imo they work well.

Also what power output would suit my speakers?

Cheers all,
Steve.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
try and find a amp that has 50w rms out, dont worry too much about the "peak" wattage.

i know you would prefer alpine, but what about the response 4x50w rms amps, ive got one powering a pair of vdo 5.25" components and it does real well, never overheats, runs cool as, doesnt clip that ive heard.

and theyre cheap price

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
really, you will be spending too much on an amp if you go with a 4 channel from alpine.
the jaycar is cheap and will let your type s perform well.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Cheers guys, i am thinking of the alpine v power 4x75w or the response like hakhawk mentioned. Got $800 to play with after all.......

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Man dont get an alpine amp. I've had 2.. the first replaced with warranty and the second has has more problems than you can poke a stick at. Output problems and going into isolation for no apparent reason. Its a POS and I will never ever buy Alpine amps again, and I suggest you do the same.

By the way, they are V power amps also. The one thats 100W RMS x 4 at 2 OHMS. I use it to run the 6x9's and front 4 inch speakers in my car, but I run it at 4 OHMS which is 70w RMS x 4.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
For what you've got i'd have to third the jaycar response amplifier option. Use the left over wad of cash on sound deadening the front doors and wherever else you can with what's left over.