Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone torn their medial ligament?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Playing footy today i copped a knock to my left knee pushing it sidways away from my body. Spoken to the physio and it looks like i have torn my MCL. Will start treatment asap but looks like im in for a long night of ice on and off every 10minutes :bang: Anyone torn their medial lig before? what recovery time am i looking at here?

im spewing becuase it was my first game back after missing 4 weeks with compartment syndrome in my calf :bang::bang:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
im spewing because it was my first game back after missing 4 weeks with compartment syndrome in my calf :bang::bang:

Sorry off topic. Compartment syndrome in your calf? it only lasted 4 weeks?

I had 3 fasciotomies done on my right and left leg for this, i was of the impression that c.s does not go away, i certainly know even after my bi-lateral(anterior and lateral full) fasciotomies it hasn't.

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i still suffer from compartment syndrome but i was sick of watching the games so i decided to play and now iv done the mcl.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i still suffer from compartment syndrome but i was sick of watching the games so i decided to play and now iv done the mcl.

Can I ask what your pressure results were for your compartments? I guess if it is acute it would be easily manageable with ice/heat and massage. I can no longer run because of this, mainly because the army doctors kept telling me it was all in my head and i believed them...up until i collapsed due to the right anterior compartment "blowing" up.

bad luck on the MCL, was a fairly common injury in my unit. Depending on how the scan comes back, you shouldn't need surgery..i'd say 6 weeks max depending on the tear?

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
do you mean the test where they stab you with that needle?
i had this and pressure was 54mmHg

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
do you mean the test where they stab you with that needle?
i had this and pressure was 54mmHg

or the test where they stick that solid silver thing up your rectum.....errr a bit off topic i think :p:pjks

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
if you don't need reconstructive surgery you should be pretty happy with yourself and make damn sure it recovers fully

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Playing footy today i copped a knock to my left knee pushing it sidways away from my body. Spoken to the physio and it looks like i have torn my MCL. Will start treatment asap but looks like im in for a long night of ice on and off every 10minutes :bang: Anyone torn their medial lig before? what recovery time am i looking at here?

im spewing becuase it was my first game back after missing 4 weeks with compartment syndrome in my calf :bang::bang:

I tore my medial ligament a few years ago. Have to say it was the most painful thing I have ever done. It hurt way more than any bone I have broken and took over 18 months to recover fully. Sorry to hear you have hurt yours - hope it doesn't take as long as mine to recover.

Reaper

leonthalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII LS1 Wagon
yep joint the club, i have done it also. depending on the severity of the tear you could be out in as little as 5weeks to as long as 6 months or more. it all depends on how patient you are. since it is a ligament and not a muscle there is no benifit excercising it untill it is fully healed. failior to do so will result in scar tissue around and in the area and will inhibit movement and flexibility, which realisticly cannot be repaired. My advice is as little movement as possible for the first few weeks as well as ice. when you are at the stage of being able to suport your body wieght on it without pain then VERY gentle water work (start by simply floating the leg in water and leave for roughly 15mins to take wieght of the knee, slowly and gradualy do light circles with your foot over the period of a few weeks) take regular visits to the physio and be patient! as you really can srew up the rest of your sporting life on that one. To speed up the recovery keep in mind that ligaments are made up of collagen, collagen is mainly made up of Glycine and the only foods that contain large numbers of it are egg yolks, turkey, ham, vegetables, legumes, etc .best of luck on a speedy recovery