Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian cricket team..

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Thread dig = why start a new one = Aussie cricket , Dave Warner = 2nd century in a row , ( 2023 one day world cup )just got out for 105.
Surely Aussies win here ( hopefully )!!!!! , against minos = didn't even know Netherlands played cricket !!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Again against minos , but then Maxwell came in ,= 106 off 44 .
India are their nemesis here and NZ are red hot favorites !!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Again WTF do I know = India are favs , surly, and Australia made it, but WTF you won the toss and elected to bowl 1st.
Hope I'm proved wrong but doubt it !!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Again what do I know = 3 for 82, but Kohli is still in !!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Whale oil beef hooked .................. Australia won. :) Didn't think that would happen.
My prediction was that India would score a couple of wickets for about 500, much to ecstasy of the crowd, and Australia would limp to all out 200 in reply.
Full credit to the team, as they all chimed in at various times during the competition with valuable winning contributions, rather than 2 > 3 players doing the hard yards all the time.
Didn't see the Aus batting, far too late for this fella. Murphy's Law, if I did stay up, they would have lost .

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whale oil beef hooked .................. Australia won. :) Didn't think that would happen.
My prediction was that India would score a couple of wickets for about 500, much to ecstasy of the crowd, and Australia would limp to all out 200 in reply.
Full credit to the team, as they all chimed in at various times during the competition with valuable winning contributions, rather than 2 > 3 players doing the hard yards all the time.
Didn't see the Aus batting, far too late for this fella. Murphy's Law, if I did stay up, they would have lost .

Like you , I thought india would score heaps and Australia would limp /collapse.
But they read the pitch and the conditions and played to the game plan they devised.

Unlike you , I did stay up watched the whole game. Went to bed at 3:15am , thought I'd sleep in but only got 5 1/2 hours. Guess I'll sleep well tonight.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So apparently Amazon just bought Australian cricket rights.....
Is cricket Australia trying to send the game where RA (rugby Australia) went?

Seriously this woke diversity hire agenda experiment is wreaking havoc in the coperate world, it's obviously making the boards of companies comprised to the best outcomes of the entity's that actually serve the people.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
So apparently Amazon just bought Australian cricket rights.....
Test Championships and ODI World Cup .......................for the next 4 years ............ Fark.
Show me money ! ! !
Free TV will end up being full of such though provoking shows such as Love Island, Big Brother and The Bachelor.
Streaming will be full of 30 > 40 year old repeats, and the latest superhero movie flops..
Anything interesting will be behind a pay wall. :mad:

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Usman Khawaja is in the poo for a fairly innocuous message on his shoes ............ ICC don't like political statements.

Short memories, as it was only in the last 2 > 3 years that teams were taking a knee at the start of games, not much said about that BLM view from the governing body.
South Africa were banned during the 1970s for Apartheid reasons.

While I agree that politics and sport should not mix, it does in the real world, and I can't see what all the fuss is about in this instance.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Usman Khawaja is in the poo for a fairly innocuous message on his shoes ............ ICC don't like political statements.

Short memories, as it was only in the last 2 > 3 years that teams were taking a knee at the start of games, not much said about that BLM view from the governing body.
South Africa were banned during the 1970s for Apartheid reasons.

While I agree that politics and sport should not mix, it does in the real world, and I can't see what all the fuss is about in this instance.

I see it's both the message on his shoes and a black arm band