Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto level Ride WL

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
What does exactly Auto Level ride do?, I’ve noticed in my WL (middle Eastern Version) when i put in reverse the Rear suspension Lifts up little, when i shift in Drive the Rear Suspension Lowers a little, that’s all it does or mine is Faulty or something??

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
That isn't to do with the auto leveling. Its more the rotation of the tailshaft moving taking up slack in the suspension up or down as it flicks into gear.

Suspension has some give and when you put it in gear, the rotation starts but the brakes stop the car from moving, hence it takes forces against the suspension and drops or lifts a little.

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
That isn't to do with the auto leveling. Its more the rotation of the tailshaft moving taking up slack in the suspension up or down as it flicks into gear.

Suspension has some give and when you put it in gear, the rotation starts but the brakes stop the car from moving, hence it takes forces against the suspension and drops or lifts a little.
Oh I’ve never noticed it, next time I’ll Focus on it while driving, thanks for the help mate!

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Yeah, with the braks applied and the car in Drive, give the engine a small rev. Now select reverse, brakes on and give the engine a rev.

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, with the braks applied and the car in Drive, give the engine a small rev. Now select reverse, brakes on and give the engine a rev.
Okay so I tried and Noticed a Suspension lift and Down, When in drive I Revved the engine The car got lowered a bit, in reverse i did the same the suspension lifted It’s Quite noticeable

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Okay so I tried and Noticed a Suspension lift and Down, When in drive I Revved the engine The car got lowered a bit, in reverse i did the same the suspension lifted It’s Quite noticeable
It's just a torque reaction loading and unloading the suspension. Probably more noticeable on a softly sprung Caprice.