Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Banging noise under drivers eat

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 ZB Commodore LT 2.0T Wagon
ZB LT wagon, sounds like something is sliding under the drivers seat when braking and accelerating, anyone had this?
Had a look under the car and cant see anything that would be moving around.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yeah i had that exact same thing and i had looked under the car and i couldnt find anything and i ended up asking the local dealer to have a look when it went for its first service.

he comes back laughing and shows me the 500ml bottle of chlorine remover i purchased a few weeks before, it was rolling around banging under the seat.
i seriously thought the exhaust or crossmember was loose :p

the thing i learnt from that exercise was to feel around under my front seats if i hear/feel that banging again.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Lolllllll I thought I had a good look under the seat.

Just had another look and found a small deodorant can, baahhahaha
yeah it is crazy how much it sounds/feels like something is loose under the vehicle.
at first i didnt believe that it was the cause of the sound but it went away after that day.

now i have a running joke with my wife if she mentions anything odd with the zb like not long ago the aircon started making gassing sounds because it was low due to a leak and she says to me the ac is making strange noises and i respond "have you checked under the seat" :D
she drives over something on the road and she says what was that... probably something under the seat lol

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I had an empty glass bottle do the same thing. It certainly makes a racket alright!

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Is the seat properly secured? Could be the driver's seat moving around slightly from the g-forces of acceleration/deceleration.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
yeah it is crazy how much it sounds/feels like something is loose under the vehicle.
at first i didnt believe that it was the cause of the sound but it went away after that day.

now i have a running joke with my wife if she mentions anything odd with the zb like not long ago the aircon started making gassing sounds because it was low due to a leak and she says to me the ac is making strange noises and i respond "have you checked under the seat" :D
she drives over something on the road and she says what was that... probably something under the seat lol

Well you have her "STOOGE"d :D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Is the seat properly secured? Could be the driver's seat moving around slightly from the g-forces of acceleration/deceleration.

Haven't read the thread properly have you...

The problem was found and reported

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Chlorine remover, deodorant cans, empty glass bottles. Sounds like the ZB was only made to dump your rubbish in!:)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Chlorine remover, deodorant cans, empty glass bottles. Sounds like the ZB was only made to dump your rubbish in!:)

Maybe this perfume would be more suitable.... :)

1670316579407.png