Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bathurst 2015

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm pretty sure PRA have said the cars heading straight to the scrapper. Chaz will be out for at least the rest of the season.

I'd take anything they say this early with a huge grain of salt. Here is another car which was destined for the scrapper only to live on for many years in several guises:

It may not return as an outright main game car however rest assured they will get it back to the workshop and look long and hard before they send it to the tip. I can't remember which chassis it was exactly however GRM have recently repaired another current spec (customer) Commodore which was similarly damaged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Reap knows his stuff on it.
youde be surprised to what extent they can go to with repairs on them.

put it onto the correct equipment and errors that you couldn't find with all measurements right will be found.
pull it back into shape and its set to go.

on a side note, was a fairly decent race.
not too many safety cars, although it was questionable about the safety car near the end and the passing when it had lights on.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Whincup's head has got too big. He ignores his team and the officials.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute

just had a read of what occurred in detail.
definitely seems right about that comment

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

After ignoring the team's radio calls last year, and then his efforts again today to not pit and double stack behind Lowndes, I have but one thing to say.......
Whincup is not a team player and only cares about his own result.
I hope Roland Dane & Mark Dutton took him aside and ripped shreads off him, and reminded him what it is to be a part of a team

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Whincup of all people should know the rules of the category. The safety car picks up the leader of the race. He was in the top 5 at the time (and within eye sight of everyone in front) when everyone ducked in he became the leader, he would have known. When the safety car pulled over to let a back marker behind he would have still known he was the leader and also would have known that the leader is never waved through. He simply didn't think and it cost him a heap of positions. There was 3 scenarios here as I see it:

1. Double stack. End up at the back of the pack but still be with the pack.
2. Do a lap under the safety car. Same as above.
3. Do what he did, get penalty and be no where near the pack with no chance to pick up positions.

If he did 1 or 2 I can't see why there wasn't any way for him to pick his way back to a top 10 position. In my opinion the drive through was deserved and he says the situation was confusing he should hand in his license.

Aaanyway.... The race was pretty good, bloody hot in the sun during the middle part before the rain and at one stage it threatened to rain again. Winterbottom had a poor showing at the start and was running sub 20th most of the day and had a few lucky pit stops go his way. Reynolds had no race pace from the start and it was obvious. Scott MacLaughlin was looking good for a podium and I was really hoping he'd get one. I think if Whincup didn't let Lowndes get a free 3 second buffer off the final restart it would have been a different story at the end.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
If you caught the interview he did with Murphy the way he came across sounds like it was a genuine error.

Feel sorry for him though, he's so quick around the track he deserves the win.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
If you caught the interview he did with Murphy the way he came across sounds like it was a genuine error.

Feel sorry for him though, he's so quick around the track he deserves the win.
The guy thinks he is God. Thinks he can pass a safety car and get away with it and thinks he can do a lap with no fuel in the tank. The days of the driver making the decisions are long gone. It is very much a team game with strategy being called
From the pits.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I think if Whincup didn't let Lowndes get a free 3 second buffer off the final restart it would have been a different story at the end.

No way. That 888 car was well fast and it was obvious he was driving to a number while Winterbottom was driving the wheels off his trying to catch up. Lowndes' car was just too good.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
No way. That 888 car was well fast and it was obvious he was driving to a number while Winterbottom was driving the wheels off his trying to catch up. Lowndes' car was just too good.

I never said it would have been Winterbottom fighting Lowndes. Tander, Coulthard and MacLaughlin because at the end of the day they had nothing to lose and everything to gain.