Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bigstu's vn calais 355

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
finally the Calais is all setup and ready to go to the dyno...tow truck and dyno tune is booked in for the 25th of this month,cant wait for it to be done and I will post up the results once its tuned.

Woo hoo can't wait.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
finally the Calais is all setup and ready to go to the dyno...tow truck and dyno tune is booked in for the 25th of this month,cant wait for it to be done and I will post up the results once its tuned.

Looking forward to the results.

How long until you get your licence back??

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
hahaha that's the sad part .....I don't my licence back until late January....so ill be riding shotgun until then hahaha

SSwepn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Ute Manual
keen to the results man. long time coming

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
im keen as to see what numbers it does....the goal is 400rwhp+....if it dosent get that ill put a few k's on it and then go a solid roller cam and tp single plane ,the tuner told me 400-450hp is achievable out of this combo but we might max out the 36lbs injectors trying to get there...so thats my plan and the goals,and if it doesn't make the power I want it will eventaully crack the 400rwhp one way or another lol

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
im keen as to see what numbers it does....the goal is 400rwhp+....if it dosent get that ill put a few k's on it and then go a solid roller cam and tp single plane ,the tuner told me 400-450hp is achievable out of this combo but we might max out the 36lbs injectors trying to get there...so thats my plan and the goals,and if it doesn't make the power I want it will eventaully crack the 400rwhp one way or another lol

Hey stu, I don't want to be a downer, but I think your builder would have meant 400-450hp at the engine.
I'll be stoked to see 350rwhp out of your combo, and I reckon you can do it. I hope for your sake that you hit 400rwhp, but conservatively do not think it will.

Good Luck, and prove me wrong :beer chug:

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
i don't know if it will hit 400@tyres either deuce but the tuner knows all the specs and he rekons its achievable but ill wait and see.....i had some long talks with the engine builder before we started and we were both clear that we were talking hp@ the wheels...if it doesn't make the power keep an eye on this thread cause there will be some changes...ive also got another build im starting now and theres gunna be no expense spared on this one.

51DWZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
can i ask who built it? im from around the area and looking todo the same thing in the near future
pm me if u want.