Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody A/C ...!?!?!?!?

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Hi all,
Just another bloody VE a/c issue.
Now ive had this happen twice & was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing & what the fix was.
Fairly hot yesterday, about 35 degrees, so i finish work and turn on the a/c.
All is good for a few minutes, then the passenger side vents (from centre,& door) turn hot, while mine stay cold !!!!!
The car is a 2006 VE Calais V l98.
I tried switching to single zone then back to dual & few times, & turing the a/c on & off a few times , but nothing changed.
I had to call into the shops on the way home , & when i came back & turned the car on all was FINE!!!!
Now the a/c works fine, gets cold, no clunks or weird noises etc....could this be a software issue???
I disconnected the battery last night and it worked fine today but any ideas on this would be a great help.
I just dont want to take it to Holden & get shafted......

Cheers,
Ad.

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Hi all,
Just another bloody VE a/c issue.
Now ive had this happen twice & was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing & what the fix was.
Fairly hot yesterday, about 35 degrees, so i finish work and turn on the a/c.
All is good for a few minutes, then the passenger side vents (from centre,& door) turn hot, while mine stay cold !!!!!
The car is a 2006 VE Calais V l98.
I tried switching to single zone then back to dual & few times, & turing the a/c on & off a few times , but nothing changed.
I had to call into the shops on the way home , & when i came back & turned the car on all was FINE!!!!
Now the a/c works fine, gets cold, no clunks or weird noises etc....could this be a software issue???
I disconnected the battery last night and it worked fine today but any ideas on this would be a great help.
I just dont want to take it to Holden & get shafted......

Cheers,
Ad.

Hey mate,
It maybe the HVAC module .Get your dealer to plug in Tech 2 and look for trouble codes.Get them to replace the HVAC module.Should solve the issues you are having.(had to replace on new cars at our dealership.)Can be intermittent so write down when it happened so you can match up DTCs at Service.
Hope this helps

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
It will be the air mix actuator is stuck. This can be caused by another actuator stripping out or jamming up, most commonly the driver side upper actuator.

Be carefull with trouble codes as they can be misleading with these HVAC systems. For instance its not uncommon for it to log codes for several actuators stuck/too many pulses when only one is the culprit.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Thanks for the info guys. The help on JC is much appreciated !!!!!
( I asked on the "other" Forum & all i got was, " Its stopped doing it now, dont worry about it")
At least when i take it to Holden i can give them an idea of what might be wrong so they dont shaft me too many hrs labour "trying " to find
out the issue.

Cheers,
Ad.