Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Booster recall

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
I just received my letter about the brake booster recall, Anyone else had it done yet?
Interested to know how long it took.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I just received my letter about the brake booster recall, Anyone else had it done yet?
Interested to know how long it took.
just a software update so less than 30 mins

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Unfortunately Australian recalls have been dumbed down once ACCC got the recall responsability so the recall docs don't list much/any technical information. Our aussie recall is below:

The USA's NHTSA website has much more detail on vehicle issues and problems including all manufacturer to dealer correspondance and such (unlike our pisse weak regulators who think we are dumb as door knobs and don't deserve the details).

The US safety recall report (not the US recall doc itself) states it's a software issue and the fix is a reflash of the EBCM which shouldn't take too long. Really it could be drive in drive out process if they had their ducks in a row but if my Mylink map update is anything to go buy it may take 3 days...

Below is the US safety recall report:

More docs can be found at:

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I just got an email about this too. Called the local dealer and they are booked out for a bit but am dropping it there in a few weeks for a re-flash. Doesn't seem like a big deal - would probably be worse if it was a mechanical problem because then there would be a wait on parts...

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
I had mine done today. Took 30 minutes including a small test drive.
They even tried to align those useless headlights.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You've had a map update? I've been waiting years...

Thank goodness for Google Maps.
Yep, got the lastest Holden maps on release (which were already 2 or 3 years old) :p:p:p

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
You've had a map update? I've been waiting years...

Thank goodness for Google Maps.
I've been emailing Holden NZ about updating the maps as they were out of date when I bought the car. I've been getting less than satisfactory answers, like use your phone etc. The phone doesn't integrate like the OEM system does with the likes of the HUD. I'd have thought there'd be better after market support for stuff like this. He'll, I'd even pay so long as it was reasonable.

DK's

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS Sportwagon 2018
Hi all,

I have contacted my local dealer twice about this, received the recall letter this week advising to contact my local dealer, even naming the dealer to contact. I am booked in for a service this week, thus was hoping the recall could be done at the same time.

Both times I have called, same answer. ”We don’t have the software update. “I don’t know why they send these letters out before it’s available.“ I explained the recall has been known for sometime and surely if Holden Customer Care are sending the letters the software is available. Again same answer, we don’t have it.

I don’t believe my dealer, therefore I contacted Holden Customer Care. The lovely lady explained all Holden dealers have the software available. She placed me on hold and came back to ensure me they have the software update. She will be sending through my details to the dealer with a reminder of what the software update is for in case they have forgotten. She also gave me a reference number, if they don’t call me tomorrow I will be.

This will be my last service with them, going elsewhere. Tired of reporting rattles and they apparently fix the rattle I never had. Or requesting to rotate tyres, that they never do.

Hope this helps, if someone gets a bullshit answer like I did.

Reactions: Lex

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
”We don’t have the software update. “

the update goes live on the TDS(Technical Delivery System) so every dealer in australia has it that still has access to TDS.

i would guess that your local dealer has canceled their SPS access to save costs or something because my local dealer can perform the update and they download the update from the same place that every other dealer does.

Reactions: Lex