Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brutus VTII LS3 Berlina Wagon

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Blown LS3 Berlina Wagon
Its more like demonstrated rather than proved. The right engineer with an open attitude is absolutely required. The manufacturer supplied a document from the California EPA detailing the outcomes of type tests for the supercharger on various GM engines to the California Ultra Low requirements and the Federal requirements, which are more stringent than ours. My engine/supercharger combination was on the type approved list. Given that and the oversize cats I had installed (for flow) the engineer was happy to bypass the local emissions testing requirements.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Thanks for the helpful advise Zom..there's always a way around the law if you know the technicalities..it will be a fair way down the track when I may get around to doing those type of mods..but you never know..cheers

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Took off the bowtie today in prep for the titles next weekend. Need as much 'sleeper' as I can get.

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Should throw some stock Berlina wheels on it, that's pretty sleeper.
Yeah, wish I could. Stocks wont go over the brakes. 17" minimum.

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
a real grandpa sleeper
Along with the fluffy dice and the pompoms? I don't think so :) I'm not a recent immigrant from south central Europe. But the bowls hat might work, and I could hire a walking frame and a hearing aid ... but hang on, this is about the car isn't it? Shag pile? Boards on a roof rack? Nup. Apart from the wheels, it currently looks as stock as it did when it came from the factory 15 years ago, minus the GenIII badges, and with twin exhaust tips. That's it. I don't think they shipped them with venetians, but it wouldn't surprise me :)

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Went to the Victorian State Wagons Titles today. 199 Cars entered. Really happy with the outcome for Brutus.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I was there too and got to see this car in the flesh, and it certainly deserved that award. Close the bonnet and it looks like an immaculate condition stock VT wagon, but under the bonnet is fantastic. Makes me wonder what manged to beat him for top engineered though.

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
certainly deserved that award ... wonder what managed to beat him for top engineered
Thanks for the compliment. Happy with the one. The guys have got to spread the kudos around a bit ... :)

Last edited: