Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cabin water leak any ideas?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it started flooding here and my ssv is leaking inside the cabin but its not from the usual places like the heater units air intake through the firewall or a blocked drain plug this is higher.

I have tracked it to somewhere above the heater core pipes that come through the firewall its not the pipes because the water has dripped from an area higher than those pipes.
it seems to be in the middle somewhere but could be a little more to the drivers side.
I noticed it because it was dripping on my left foot as I was driving.

has anyone found a leaking spot that's up that high any ideas would be appreciated thanks

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
that's one of the common spots I learnt that one in my very first ve and smashed it with the silicone have have done the same to every ve leaking or not but this is higher than that point

you can see here mines been filled with silicone behind it and on top to make sure it don't happen
http://imgur.com/a/PFjMc

and I know its not the ac drain issue because it has not leaked all summer and its only leaked after this heavy rain in the last 3 days and I have not used the ac at all and its also dripping down from high up higher than the whole ac unit its self.

its almost like its coming through the window seal but I have checked all the way along and cant see any gaps or traces of water.

Masina

Reaction score
Members Ride
6L VE R8 Clubsport
it started flooding here and my ssv is leaking inside the cabin but its not from the usual places like the heater units air intake through the firewall or a blocked drain plug this is higher.

I have tracked it to somewhere above the heater core pipes that come through the firewall its not the pipes because the water has dripped from an area higher than those pipes.
it seems to be in the middle somewhere but could be a little more to the drivers side.
I noticed it because it was dripping on my left foot as I was driving.

has anyone found a leaking spot that's up that high any ideas would be appreciated thanks

Hey !
I actually had that in my old BF GT > turns out the exhaust hadn't been heat shielded, causing the system to heat up and carry it all the way to the cab > high temps mine was glowing !

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
so I have found 1 new leak on the passenger side.
it is where the fender indicator wire comes into the cab.

feeling under the passenger side carpet the front is dry but there is a pool of water in the rear footwell.

20170212_121609.jpg

this is behind the fusebox on the passenger side

20170212_131033.jpg

fender off

20170212_131039.jpg

leak location

20170212_131100.jpg

all the water was behind this and seemed to just flow straight through the plug into the cabin

Last edited: