Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

caliper bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
How far did you drive the car while it was making strange noises? You did contribute to this happening
I object. How could I have possibly contributed? Like I said I heard NOTHING until a second or so before it dropped on the highway. Please stay out of this thread.

Last edited:

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
With a bolt coming loose, the mechanic should wear some crap for failing to tighten it properly to begin with.

The majority of the fault should be laid at the driver for failing to pick up there was an issue to start with, giving there would be 2 distinct signs things wouldn't have been alright....First the scraping noise of a loose bolt and 2nd the vibration under braking....

Continuing to drive with a noticable issue wouldn't go unnoticed to any magistrate one would think.....
So again. I heard NOTHING or felt NOTHING. Again, stay off this thread you are not helpful at all.

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
may have missed it
but i cannot find a time frame for this
just says installer of new calipers
are we talking days or closer to years
We are talking less than 1000km over a year or so. This is my toy and Bunnings hauler only.

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
A bolt starting to come out of a caliper would start to make a noise and give a vibration through the steering wheel.

So for a person claiming to be a professional mechanic not to know this is astounding.

For anyone that isn't mechanically minded, there are 2 different signs a problem is happening....The vibration is the one in play for someone being deaf
Look at your Mickey Mouse and read. Where have I claimed to be a professional mechanic? Mechanical Engineers design, they are not mechanics. Why do these threads always end up abusing the thread starter?

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
Moderator, how do I stop anymore posts on this thread? I said it the way it happened yet I am abused for not hearing or feeling anything. There has been some logical and helpful input but because of a couple of tossers, a fat lot of good this group has been.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Moderator, how do I stop anymore posts on this thread? I said it the way it happened yet I am abused for not hearing or feeling anything. There has been some logical and helpful input but because of a couple of tossers, a fat lot of good this group has been.

Just put them onto block, one in particular does that, places words in your mouth you never said to gas light the situation.

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
the amount of wear on the caliper and wheel shows it wasnt an instant fault, it was rubbing for quite a while first, i would have thought should be felt in the steering or herd at least would have been making some noise for sure
There is no wear on the wheel, just a layer of melted caliper alloy. I take nothing serious from someone who can't spell 'heard'. Have you had a caliper bolt fall out?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
less than 1000km really says installer error, and mechanic should be paying for all repairs
but that doesnt excuse all drivers from noticing strange noises or pulling to side
and having vehicle checked
there are some real death traps on the road, whose owners say but i only drive a couple of thousand km per year
sorry if you feel offended, that was not my intent

Robdog88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7 SS
So the same could be said for wheel studs and wheel nuts....... how many people replace them everytime..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think not as said above i have been using the same bolts on brakes for the last 12 yrs working on cars and never a problem......

Its all talk and bs
Yep like wise. Recommended yea. Torque to yield? Located works fine.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

You have posted about an issue on a open forum, unfortunately I can't control what comments people post or simply delete comments that offend you. This is the nature of a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.