Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I put a VT commodore tail shaft in a 2002 vx executive s2 if I put a VT diff in as well?

vx Devil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
Can I put a VT commodore tail shaft in a 2002 vx executive s2 if I put a VT diff in as well

vx Devil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
I think the tranny end of the vx is different? But l believe the transmission ends are interchangable.
So what will have to be changed so I can put the VT commodore mini spool diff in that I have

vx Devil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
Not 100% sure but check the tailshafts, where they go into the transmission?
Alright I will do that I know that the 3 bolt flange on the back of the vx transmission once the tail shaft is out it will just slide out I am just not to sure if the VT and vx have the same transmission

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Alright I will do that I know that the 3 bolt flange on the back of the vx transmission once the tail shaft is out it will just slide out I am just not to sure if the VT and vx have the same transmission
Same transmission. I'm not sure of the trans setup for the tailshaft, between vx & vt?

vx Devil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
Same transmission. I'm not sure of the trans setup for the tailshaft, between vx & vt?
Well if they are the same transmission I should be able to slide the 3 bolt flange out and slide the VT tail shaft in because I know there are no bolts holding the VT tail shaft to the transmission

Reactions: Lex

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Well if they are the same transmission I should be able to slide the 3 bolt flange out and slide the VT tail shaft in because I know there are no bolts holding the VT tail shaft to the transmission
Yep just replace the shaft and diff together.