Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cellink Neo battery rebuild

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Good old slow boat. I'm a fan of replacing them all, cells age and one worn out cell can hamper the pack. You can mix capacity, it just breaks my first comment, keep them in batches hot off the press
ok so i have some makita battery cells lying around , am i able to use them in the time being? It's just that i paid $500 for a new cam thinking the old one was broke , when it turned out to be the Cellink , i really didnt want to spend too much more

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
ok so i have some makita battery cells lying around , am i able to use them in the time being? It's just that i paid $500 for a new cam thinking the old one was broke , when it turned out to be the Cellink , i really didnt want to spend too much more

The amp hour values can be changed but make sure the cell voltage is the same as the ones you are replacing.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Good old slow boat. I'm a fan of replacing them all, cells age and one worn out cell can hamper the pack. You can mix capacity, it just breaks my first comment, keep them in batches hot off the press
Is there a supplier you can recommend. I changed my mind about that spot welder and repurchased it, they promise quick delivery.
I found some battery's on AliExpress but obviously China. Would the 1800mAh be ok. I can never get a link to work from AliExpress
Battery's.jpg

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The amp hour values can be changed but make sure the cell voltage is the same as the ones you are replacing.
The spare battery's i have are 3.7v so looks like i will replace them all

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is there a supplier you can recommend. I changed my mind about that spot welder and repurchased it, they promise quick delivery.
I found some battery's on AliExpress but obviously China. Would the 1800mAh be ok. I can never get a link to work from AliExpress
they should, they are 18650 type and 1.8ah.
18mm(W) and 65mm(L) so if they match the size of your current cells they should fit

the only change should be going from 1.5ah to 1.8ah other than that they should be the same.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
they should, they are 18650 type and 1.8ah.
18mm(W) and 65mm(L) so if they match the size of your current cells they should fit

the only change should be going from 1.5ah to 1.8ah other than that they should be the same.
OK sweet, thanx for the extra info, i wondered what 18650 meant. Looks like AliExpress is the go, they are half the price than buying in Aus. I will wait and see if @Pollushon knows of some good sources in Aus.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I just need to chase up a reasonable charger/voltage reader, i do have one of those cheap single cell chargers

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Would something like this do the job charger , next question though, does it matter between Li-ion and LifePO4

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Would something like this do the job charger , next question though, does it matter between Li-ion and LifePO4
po4 is a better chemistry but i would stick with the same type that you are replacing.

not sure with the charger but your cells are 3.2v and the charger lists 3.7v.
the charge cutoff voltage for the 3.7v cell should be around 4.2v max but i am not sure if that is acceptable for the 3.2v cell.
if the cutoff voltage is too high the cell will degrade quicker so i would probably contact the seller and ask if it will be ok with your cells.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
po4 is a better chemistry but i would stick with the same type that you are replacing.

not sure with the charger but your cells are 3.2v and the charger lists 3.7v.
the charge cutoff voltage for the 3.7v cell should be around 4.2v max but i am not sure if that is acceptable for the 3.2v cell.
if the cutoff voltage is too high the cell will degrade quicker so i would probably contact the seller and ask if it will be ok with your cells.
I ended up getting this charger , mainly because it had 12v power supply , ill have to get an adaptor for the 240v plug though or just another power supply with the right plug
LIITOKALA Charger.jpg