Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking Fuel Flap

Christopher Bowles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline 17'
Hi, so this morning I noticed a weird gear sound coming from near my fuel flap anytime I locked or unlocked my car. Only coming from near the fuel flap area.

Would that be the central locking on the fuel flap giving up? And if so, do I get it replaced or repaired?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i had the one in my VE making a noise so i got a new one and it was a revised looking unit, not sure if they are the same in VF or not, mine was still working just noisy and annoying so i replaced it

Christopher Bowles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline 17'
i had the one in my VE making a noise so i got a new one and it was a revised looking unit, not sure if they are the same in VF or not, mine was still working just noisy and annoying so i replaced it

Oh okay thanks! I'm just worried it's eventually going to stop working and I can't open it

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
VE, can hear mine since i have had the car (from outside car) owned it for 13years, hasn't changed VF probably the same

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i have been standing right next to the VF when mine locked i didn't hear it at all.