Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chinese Android Head Unit Review - $595

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Could do mate I’m probably wrong. I went into see local guru Pete’s car audio here about a year ago to look at upgrading my set up as the SSV only has the povo with no rear door speakers etc.
We discussed pros and cons of the aftermarket head units as the Mylink was the weakest capability with upgraded speakers etc but wasn’t keen to lose the factory settings. He couldn’t guarantee that so cooled off on the idea.
If you don't have heated seats then you lose no factory features... Except of course the mylink.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think the only other function that doesnt work with the Aerpro is the reversing on coming traffic sensor , not sure what it's called
It’s called cross traffic alert and in my view is a rather important feature that I wouldn’t want to loose.

It’s easier to live without ACP/AA and old Mylink map data than having to deal with a mangled rear quarter :rolleyes:

And I do like my heated seats on the few cold mornings I’ve taken out my toy for a drive on those cold sunny winter days :p

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It’s called cross traffic alert and in my view is a rather important feature that I wouldn’t want to loose.

It’s easier to live without ACP/AA and old Mylink map data than having to deal with a mangled rear quarter :rolleyes:

And I do like my heated seats on the few cold mornings I’ve taken out my toy for a drive on those cold sunny winter days :p
When you jump in the car and immediately get the ice warning on the DIC, it's time for the heated seats...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The aircon interface pops up on bottom 1/4. If I remember I'll try to get a photo.
Lane departure warning, blind spot sensor, front and rear sensor all work with graphic display.

I think the only thing that doesn't work is heated seats.
For me, Ive used that function once (the week I bought the car!)

Thanks for posting. It’s an interesting option so definitely would like to know as much as possible about what it can, and can’t, do.

Does it have a car configuration or car setting menu or options? I’m thinking of those setting such as way-finding-lights timing settings, and how the car responds to the key (as in what doors are opened on one press).

It’d be great to see pictures of any car settings features that are in that head unit.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
VF2's didn't get the CD player, just the media player.
MyLink sounds pretty good playing WMA lossless files from USB.
Yeah I know but I drive a S1

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes an interesting option but why can't they keep the original factory button when they design these systems?

I hate touch screens in cars, epsecially when on a bumpy road :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
why can't they keep the original factory button when they design these systems?

Cost, its cheaper to create a software button.

With the vf the buttons are connected to the screen and the screen contains the programming for them so to retain the oem buttons they would need to reverse engineer the the button modules and design an interface for them to connect to the aftermarket unit.

That all costs more so a simple touchscreen and a software button is the most cost effective option.

Buttons in vehicles will become a thing of the past soon with the entire dash becoming a touchscreen, you see it more and more in newer vehicles.

Its all cheaper but it is going to be a pain in the ass for the consumer when things break, lagg, crash or freeze.

Be like having windows 98 in your vehicle lol

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Cost, its cheaper to create a software button.

With the vf the buttons are connected to the screen and the screen contains the programming for them so to retain the oem buttons they would need to reverse engineer the the button modules and design an interface for them to connect to the aftermarket unit.

That all costs more so a simple touchscreen and a software button is the most cost effective option.

Buttons in vehicles will become a thing of the past soon with the entire dash becoming a touchscreen, you see it more and more in newer vehicles.

Its all cheaper but it is going to be a pain in the ass for the consumer when things break, lagg, crash or freeze.

Be like having windows 98 in your vehicle lol
Blame the fecking accountants....