Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chip Control?

bluethunder_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS 5.7 LS1 T56
anyone had any experience with chip control tuners in sunbury melbourne?
im going a maffless tune and maybe future tunes for mods. wondering about their work
also gm motorsport is not far from me and have heard good things about them would i be better off going to them?
what do all recommend?

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
got my vs done at chip control. tunes alright but i think it could be a little better. dont think they do my NA v6 work. but if ur going for a mafless im assuming u have an LS1 and there pretty good. scott down there really knows his stuff and is a really good guy. hes pretty happy to answer all ur questions and stuff. so id recomened them

bluethunder_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS 5.7 LS1 T56
yeh is an ls1. gm seem to know their stuff they have a good website with info on their ls1 packages where chip control dont have much at all for a site. gm seem to be alot more holden orientated and chip control isnt. im still looking for opinions tho so thanks john for yours i shall keep in mind will give scott a call to see what he says

whatever3690

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equip
on this subject of chip control, is there a way to de tune your car? im looking at getting a vx ss but due to being a p plater i am slightly out of my power to weight ratio by about 20 kws. im wondering if there is any way to get it tuned down?

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Stick a sock on the non motor side of the airfilter :p

whatever3690

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equip
lol, nah.. althought a very rugged and practical way to do it... i heard from somewhere you can take it to a tuning or vic roads place and they can plug into your computer and detune your car, give you something of an engineers certificate and then if the cops pull you over you show them that what your driving is legal... im in desperate need of a new car, i want a v8, i want an ss, i want a vx, but i dont see the ppint in buying something else for the next 6 months if in another 6 months ill get that itch up and have to buy another car anyways.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
yeh is an ls1. gm seem to know their stuff they have a good website with info on their ls1 packages where chip control dont have much at all for a site. gm seem to be alot more holden orientated and chip control isnt. im still looking for opinions tho so thanks john for yours i shall keep in mind will give scott a call to see what he says

I've been there and never seen anything except a Holden in that shop except one time....a Lotus replica with a cent charged LS1.

They go well and use EFI live which apparently allows more accurate tuning.