Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CLuTZ's 2016 Empire Bronze Calais V Wagon (Quentin)

CLuTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais V Wagon
Well after owning 2x Ford G6E Turbo's for the past 5 years, and after much indecision- I decided it was finally time to jump back into a Holden for daily duties. After a really, really poor experience at a Dealership just South of the CBD on a deal for a car exactly the exact same spec, it took me about 3 or 4 months to find another after I told them to stick it. It's an "ex-GMH" car that had done 2200km in the 3 months since it was built. It's basically a brand new car inside and out and was wrapped with $39k drive away with a tank of fuel and some mats. After getting it home, we named him 'Quentin' :D

Because I pay for my own petrol and do tons of stop-start, around town driving for work, I had to bite the bullet (it was a hard decision trust me) and go for a 6cyl instead of the LS3. 210kw seems enough for around town and the occasional tow duties anyway.

It didn't take too long before the habbitual personal touches and customising started, so I took Quentin down to Damien @ Suspension City in North Melbourne for some SSSL's all round. It doesn't handle the best with the Calais-spec suspension, but the trade-off is that it looks great. I might look into some FE2 suspension when I invest in a set of CTS-V 4/4 Brembos to help this thing pull up better. I was also contemplating some VF Senator 20" wheels but the OEM wheels have really grown on me since he got lowered.

Some other things on the list of to do's are:

-Tint
-Boot liner
-Wire up dash cam (can I use the wiring for the rear view mirror perhaps?)
-Grab a second horn off a VF1 (what a joke the factory one is?)
-Possibly look at using the LED courtesy lights from the bottom of the doors as rear number plate lights (let me know if that's been attempted or not?)
-Some decent speakers (no Bose system in wagons is ludicrous!)

Anyway, enough blabble- here's a couple of pics

JPdwYPY.jpg

hotqMCm.jpg

1VYL1Yr.jpg

2njoMSd.jpg

IaS15kq.jpg

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
the colour at some angles reminds me a bit of the nutmeg colour that holdens used to use on H series
oh nice wags too!!

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Nice work, tough decision re engine, unique colour.

That suspension city place I am thinking of getting my H&R adjustable coilover suspension installed there. Obviously you recommend this place ? Secondly did you get a wheel alignment done afterwards? He told me he does not do them.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Good to see another Empire Bronze wagon cruise'n the streets.