Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold weld - Turbo oil line return!

cracker

Reaction score
theres a lug/plug under the passanger side exhuast manifold, near the starter its silver might be bit greasy, it pulls out why no have the oil return there if u could find some sort of press in fitting, or remove the plug drill it out a tap a thread for it? its for the dip stick when the engines were used in FWD's i think

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
is any1 thinking of all this drilling into the engine as dangerous. wat about all the meatal shavings i have seen ppl put an oil return on there filler cap im pretty sure thats wat im thinkin of no dangerous bis in the sump or through motor and is easy to do.

Furious_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Twin Turbo, VN Turbo, VY Storm
When the fitting is welded onto the sump. Fill the engine with about another 1.5 liters if oil get the drill and drill it out. if you do it fast enough it will push all the metal out then let the oil drain out the fitting than drain the sump fully. after about 50kms put a new filter on.

Y the oil need to be in the sump is to help the breathing system of the motor. At 5000rpm+ there is a heap of oil in the top of the motor and with the added oil from the turbo it cant return to the sump because of crank case pressure so the engine has oil surge from all oil being in top end and blows the motor and the turbo.

DAMO_5L

ILLEGAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN turbo 5L V8 aero, Rodeo minitruck, VR SS 355
mig weld it its a piece of piss i done it myself. and dont put it in the filler cap thats dam stupid.... make sure u us a oil catch can too.. cause bad stuff will happen.