Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer to run v6 turbo

Markw78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore ute
Hi,building a buick vr turbo,with a auto,what computer systems are ppl running,I heard haltech can't run a auto,then was told they have a plug on for the auto,a tuner told me to run a ls1 computer,thanks

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Can’t comment on exactly which computer to run but if the guy doing your tuning is telling you to use an LS1 computer then that’s probably what will work best for him tuning it, as for the haltech not being able to run the auto I’d say that’s a load of bollocks, they make a lot of different ecu’s so perhaps one of their lower end ones won’t have the ability but they will definitely have one that will

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is a Haltech option, there is the LS1 PCM option and there are also ways to tune the stock PCM but just remember before you can even start to tune the Haltech or LS1 options they need to be installed/wired up etc so before you even turn the key and start doing any tuning you'll have spent $3-5k or more if it's the fancy Haltech one that can run the Auto.