Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Date of first post on mainpage?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Hey guys, seen a few forums using an add on that shows the date of the first post, next to the username when looking at the threads on the mainpage etc.

Is it possible to use the add on here?

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
i dont get it

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
so theres less chance for people to dig up 5 year old threads just to post useless **** in them

Or one year old threads lol

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Oh I still think the noobs will thread dig regardless of the date. It's not till you point out the bleeding obvious that they start to learn forum etiquette.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Oh I still think the noobs will thread dig regardless of the date. It's not till you point out the bleeding obvious that they start to learn forum etiquette.

some never learn...

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
im starting to learn, whose prowed of me :)
(crap spelling i know)

Auzziephoenix

Typical P Plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jungle Fever R8
On a game forum that im on, replying to an old thread is reffered to as Necro'ing, and people get a warning the first time. then a week mute the 2nd, 3rd time results in a month mute. 4th results in a ban. bit extreme especially if you have a serious questiong, but they only do it if you post something irrelevant to the topic itself.

another way is to automatically lock threads that have been inactive for x months. and the only way to be able to post in it again is if the OP or moderator unlocks it again.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
another way is to automatically lock threads that have been inactive for x months. and the only way to be able to post in it again is if the OP or moderator unlocks it again.

i'd rather see useless grave digging than that; there is often a need to update old threads with relevant information, and sometimes people have genuine questions.

most of the time it seems like it's caused by people who don't know how to use a forum. that's the only reason someone would reply to a topic titled "VT seats into VN", last replied to in 2005, with "can someone help, my ve has this issue where it vibrates at 70kmh...". everyone will rip on them for grave digging and wrong section and they'll quickly figure out how a forum works. i haven't really seen any repeat offenders on here. but my point is that even if you flashed the date in their face i bet they still wouldn't figure it out first go :p

and vk.jonno, get yourself a spell checker.

Last edited: