Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DCEIVDU'S New Ryyde!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I see you got the luxury model, complete with boot stick and built in auto back scratcher for the driver!
Haha jokes, you cleaned your last car up pretty good for a small budget, so I'm looking forward to how you treat this one.

No spray cans tho, Do it properly.
The wheels remind me of an FG XR6 turbo??? don't know why?

And good on you for getting a manual, my old VL was a NA manual that went pretty hard. Till it caught fire somewhere behind the dash. Never let a leb wire up a car. They don't know what a fuse is, or how to run amp cabling properly, or that thick speaker cable doubled up can not be substituted for amp power cable...

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
I see you got the luxury model, complete with boot stick and built in auto back scratcher for the driver!
Haha jokes, you cleaned your last car up pretty good for a small budget, so I'm looking forward to how you treat this one.

No spray cans tho, Do it properly.
The wheels remind me of an FG XR6 turbo??? don't know why?

And good on you for getting a manual, my old VL was a NA manual that went pretty hard. Till it caught fire somewhere behind the dash. Never let a leb wire up a car. They don't know what a fuse is, or how to run amp cabling properly, or that thick speaker cable doubled up can not be substituted for amp power cable...

Thanks heaps mate. Im glad to here someone shares my optimism with my latest acquirement. I promise i wont spray can this lol, the paint is actually not too bad on this car, but will get a touch up respray when i have the cash. As for the wheels, i thought they kind of looked like hsv pentagons but im a bit retarded lmao.

Also the car wasnt a factory manual which was a bit disappointing but im still glad it is manual :D, and in regards to letting lebs wire cars, my missus is wog but i still wouldnt let her wire my car haha.

The makeshift amp wire thing made me wet myself lol.

do you go to the friday meet ups round the corner from cafe de villis? be good to show you the car in person, get some advice on bits and pieces that need fixing etc.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
ive run into a bit of a problem... car is running pretty average since i serviced it yesterday... driving is fine but idling is awful. it stalled on me when idling at the lights, then i started it up again and gave it a few revs and it kept running for the rest of the trip. when i give it to the car it runs really well but when i baby it, the car seems to want to die on me. on first start up when its cool, it will almost stall just from the low idle speed. but if i give it a good rev it will idle high at about 1300. then it will drop back down to about 300 approx. i wound the ecu idle speed screw all the way to high and then all the way to low and it did nothing so i just put it back to how it was.

im stuck for ideas... could a standard duty battery do this? alternator? fuel filter?

any help would make me happy as at the moment, im quite the sad panda.. :(

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Check my thread in the VL section mate. Ive got a similar problem as we speak. Still havnt found what it is but maybe u can have a read of what I've done and go from there.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check my thread in the VL section mate. Ive got a similar problem as we speak. Still havnt found what it is but maybe u can have a read of what I've done and go from there.

Just read your thread and next on my list will be the afm and timing. I just changed my fuel filter then (not fun for a first timer lmao) and it seems to be running a little better but there is still a miss and i think it has to be one of those two. i might get new leads and dizzy just for good measure :)

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
UPDATE: VL is SOLD! too much hassle

As the above title states, i sold/swapped my VL 5speed. Main reason, i spent a grand on it already and it didnt show in the slightest. The boot was rusted pretty much beyond repair (literally nothing left of the boot), the clutch was still giving me grief, thhe rubbers in the gearbox were shagged, the wheel alignment was stuffed, the idle was at 250rpm on the brink of stalling, it was missing almost all the time, the interior was average and hard to find a decent set etc.

I know im bitching about some things that arent all that bad, but i was already fed up with it after i serviced the car and it somehow made it run worse.

Anyway at the end of the day i swapped it (like the 15th straight swap ive done now lmao) for a VR berlina series 2.....wait for it...5 SPEED!!! boo ya!

Will post a ride thread about it soon.

cheers

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Damn sucks it didn't work out. That was the same reason I sold my old ute, spend probably $1,500 on it and it still needed over $2000 worth of work, I just couldn't afford it. Ended up selling it to my mate for $800.

But at least you found something else to continue your passion, and at least you didn't send the vl to the wreckers!

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Damn sucks it didn't work out. That was the same reason I sold my old ute, spend probably $1,500 on it and it still needed over $2000 worth of work, I just couldn't afford it. Ended up selling it to my mate for $800.

But at least you found something else to continue your passion, and at least you didn't send the vl to the wreckers!

yeah its a crap feeling, knowing i failed on that project but i swapped it to a guy who had a passion for VL's and always wanted a 5speed VL. His plans sounded genuine from the get go which made me feel better about getting rid of it.

If you're keen to see the progress of the VR, im about to start a thread called "DCEIVDU'S VR 5 Speed"

i think this car is going to be a keeper :)