Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

different neon ideas n thawts n undercar setup prob.

mrenvied8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 black vs 5ltr commodore
Gday all. never really been a fan of neons but can c potential. instead of footwells n and seats having. under them wich I'm nt a fan of or flashers on subs. I'm thinking a dull glowing. light strips down headliner? Along bottom internal door trim? Any ideas or thawts would b nice and 2ndly. was thinking undercar neons. on my vs i have no bodykit.....to do the traditional 4 neon setup the underlip will hide neon...... drivers side has fuel lines hidden there. I'm not keen on mounting there. any ideas on that? Also thawt of mounting a neon on each suspersion tower n gshocker in rear but unsure how id hide wire nicely same as with the undercar setup. any ideas or thawts would b goood cheers.

Jaffa

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V6 Executive
You can get decent LED strips that have over 100 seperate LED bulbs within a flexible rubber strip which is, in my opinion, way better than the traditional neon tube as you wont have any shaded areas and you will get a full colour, also if something goes wrong and you accidentally break a neon tube the entire light will go whereas the LED flexible rubber strip is much harder to break and easier to install.

You can buy the LED rubber strips online in big ass coils and make them to suit whatever length you want or you can buy them already made and all you need to do is install them.

LED Neon Undercar MILLION COLORS REMOTE LIGHTING Kits | eBay

OR

7-Color RGB LED Neon Undercar Under Car Light Kit w/ Remote Control #034 | eBay

Pretty much the same **** just different prices...also know that you are not allowed to have these lights turned on whilst driving as it is a distraction to other drivers and you will get into big trouble if you are caught with them on. You are allowed to, from what I read in the ADR ****, use them when your car is parked.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Get the popcorn ready boys nd girls. dont even need to pop it because this guy is about to be burnt. lmfao

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Ok, I will start it (amazed nobody else has yet)

Neons belong on honda civics that go to racewars and hijack semi trailers, driven by morons who wear their baseball caps the wrong way

LED's are acceptable in other cars.....but in the cabin.....not under the car/bonnet

On a side note: If you have completed high school....please go back and take english again.....if you are still in school....for the love of god don't leave.

Jaffa

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V6 Executive
Ok, I will start it (amazed nobody else has yet)

Neons belong on honda civics that go to racewars and hijack semi trailers, driven by morons who wear their baseball caps the wrong way

LED's are acceptable in other cars.....but in the cabin.....not under the car/bonnet

To be honest man each to his own, car enthusiasts can do anything they want to their car as it is their choice and to what they like. Car enthusiasts do not do their car up to make other people happy but to make themselves happy, if this person wants neons/LED lights under their car then so be it, no need to judge them on their decisions on what they do to their car. If someone wanted to turbo charge a daewoo and put stupid ass rims on it then that is their choice, not saying I would do that...to be honest I would laugh my ass off at someone if they did that but it would still be their choice. Wrong or right choices making a car your own should be commended...whatever the aftermarket **** you do to it.

Just sayin and yes their spelling is bloody atrocious and they should really consider taking an English class to sort that out.

mrenvied8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 black vs 5ltr commodore
Lol funny priks. try using my dodgey ass phn tht explains spelling. 2ndly i was jst toying with the idea. seen a ve the other day n the seatbelt holes glowed. wanted opinions. got them n jst turfed the entire idea. Thanks for ur oppinions il b getting. a blue interrior globe n tht wil b it. Once again neva overly liked the idea bt was curious..