Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you like or hate the new Commodore?

Do you like the new style Commodore?

• Total voters

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
So far the only ZBs I have seen are the ones sitting in the stealership lol

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
So far the only ZBs I have seen are the ones sitting in the stealership lol

You might not notice them on the roads, they have a very generic style. You might even say BLAND.

I saw one in a parking space that normally has a 2015 Audi. I didn't notice it. Seems like same headlights. On the road they could look like late model Mazdas or Audis (3 years ago).

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Saw a VXR (big holes in bumper under headlights) in Bathurst CBD over the weekend. Did not see any in the parking area at the circuit over 3 days.
So they are still a rare and exclusive vehicle ……… could become a collectors dream-machine.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
You might not notice them on the roads, they have a very generic style. You might even say BLAND.

I saw one in a parking space that normally has a 2015 Audi. I didn't notice it. Seems like same headlights. On the road they could look like late model Mazdas or Audis (3 years ago).

Not really,

I started seeing new Camrys on the roads around my area soon after they were launched and you could say that the Camry defined the genre of 'bland soulless white goods on wheels' lol

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Starting to see a few more on the road, mainly around the local airport area, my guess … rental cars. Still look generic, bland.
I have seen a few Stingers, but they also are the same, look just like another KIA, but bigger.
They just do not have the ‘presence’ or ‘character’ to identify them like a VF or FGX or Chrysler 300.
Holden are hurting bad from local production cessation, and they have finally realised it. But it has taken an ex-Toyota CEO to point out, and admit the bleeding obvious. Their reputation, product, warranty issues, advertising, customer service are all on the nose. It was before, but customers bought Commodores because they were made in Australia.

If the ZB shape was made in Australia, RWD with 4, V6 and V8 as a sedan, wagon and ute, would it bomb like the present offering.?

HZ Hero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 HZ Panel Van 253 v8
Wouldn't make much of a ute, too small and would look weird. Was designed to be what it is.

Pete Peattie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 Commodore RS BLACK EDITION / 2002 Monaro CV8
ZB Blacked

Attachments

• rse.jpg
    rse.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 455

55ams

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 sedan manual
If people care to cast their minds back to when the VF was released , I seem to recall there were a number of people on this very forum , who said " nah , hate everything about it " , I think the new soon to be released Commodore looks OK , people will I think come around to the new car .
AGREE, BUT THIS TIME ITS DIFFERENT WITH A PRETEND WANNA BE COMMODORE, IM NOT KEEN AT ALL IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN A ZB AND A SMART CAR OR SOMETHING I WOULDNT TAKE THE ZB....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I still don't like the ass end of the VF.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I got put off the zb firstly before I had even seen one and that was because they used the commodore name. After I had seen one I didn't particularly like the look of them. Front wheel drive v6, no ute, no thanks. They may well be good to drive but I'm sure a lot of other cars are. I will stick with my ve and vh, one day the ute will go but it is quite handy to have.