Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay Performance Chip Q & A

xx5047

Reaction score
Members Ride
vrss11
if you plan to modify the ecu inputs its important to know first hand the iat vs temperature resistance,then the corresponding fuel and ignition trims withinin the thresholds to get some idea where the the timing holds back on stock mapped ecus,in order to set up a plot and dial in the optium resistance values.
dop not use this chip if you allready have a aftermarket ecu chip fitted because these grey areas have been addressed by the more competent chip tuner folk.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
So you are saying Greenfoam (Jason / Nicefrog) isn't competant with his tuning?

How sorely mistaken you are my n00b forum friend. I wouldn't be joining up and on your 9th post making comments about a very well known and reputable chip tuner to this forum. he isn't just another one of those stooges on Egay selling a memcal with a 10 cent resistor soldered onto it claiming for 20rwkw+ gains.

We will stick with who we know, not someone fresh to the forum ;)

vsutespack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Maual 5 Speed Ute
I just bought a memcal of ebay from trx100.I bought a genuine Holden CAI high flow filter and memcal for $203 including posting.Well I thought the CAI set up was worth that so I thought the chip i fit did not work would not matter. I installed the memcal first pulled out of my mates driveway, and I still cant get the smile of my face. It responds so much betterlike driving a different car.....

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
The holden cai is worth about $50 from holden, k&n filter $80-100 from just about anywhere and tune ~$50 from greenfoam (from memory), so assuming the memcal & filter you got is alright, $200 is about what you would expect to pay

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I just bought a memcal of ebay from trx100.I bought a genuine Holden CAI high flow filter and memcal for $203 including posting.Well I thought the CAI set up was worth that so I thought the chip i fit did not work would not matter. I installed the memcal first pulled out of my mates driveway, and I still cant get the smile of my face. It responds so much betterlike driving a different car.....

Any black smoke coming out of your exhaust or anything? I bought one off Ebay about 4 and a bit years ago now when i knew sweet f/a about this stuff, my old VP V6 felt fantastic to drive. That's because it ran rich and used more fuel. Not all that great for your engine (or your wallet).

Now i have a Foamy tune and i have had a Doctor Bob tune, both were / are fantastic. I swear by my Greenfoam tune in my 5 litre.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
So you are saying Greenfoam (Jason / Nicefrog) isn't competant with his tuning?

How sorely mistaken you are my n00b forum friend. I wouldn't be joining up and on your 9th post making comments about a very well known and reputable chip tuner to this forum. he isn't just another one of those stooges on Egay selling a memcal with a 10 cent resistor soldered onto it claiming for 20rwkw+ gains.

We will stick with who we know, not someone fresh to the forum ;)

No he's talking about changing things with resistors, not the tune and nothing to do with me:), the tunes from TRX seem to be fine too, but I don't know if those guys do big combos or just bolt ons. I don't do many bolt on cars, it's a pity because they are easy:)

Last edited:

kurt_leary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0l HSV
Help

Can someone please tell me what a 185kw chip looks like. does it read 185 on top or denso or ....?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it should have a little silver sticker on the eprom in the memcal if its a factory tune for VS it can be BMZL1790 or BSAK**** or CKUP**** depending on the year

alsies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive 3.8
G'day Greenfoam! When are you going to have another listing for a memcal??? That's for a 1992 VP V6 with a 2.5 inch exhaust, Genie headers, 70mm throttle body and Holden S/C cold air intake. Hahaha!!!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
oh yeah I forgot about that:p. I've had a broken burner for a while so I've only been doing like not many.. as you would have seen :). I will list one now