Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Echuca National Holden Museum

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
well heres more pics from the National Holden Museum, diden't see airstrike already started a thread

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/90897-holden-museum.html

i suggest that when in Echuca to check it out:thumbsup:

http://www.holdenmuseum.com.au/

DSC04100.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04103.jpg

DSC04104.jpg

DSC04106.jpg

DSC04107.jpg

DSC04108.jpg

DSC04109.jpg

DSC04110.jpg

DSC04111.jpg

Last edited:

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
nice, pretty much the same pics airstrike posted though!
saves me from goin and looking this southern80

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
yeah, well i wrote up this thread pretty much as soon as i got home

what where the chances some else would write up a thread when i was there

shame they didn't have the torana gtx on display one of the main reason i went there was to see it

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
when im in echuca im normally ****ed and its better for everyone if i dont go in there lol maybe ill go there one day

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
we tried on our way back from Summernats but it was closed that day.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^ that is a problem with some of the attractions in country towns. They are advertised a being open 7 days, but are not.

Anyhow, as a result of this terrible news, I am in the process of planning a trip to Echuca (avoiding festivals and rodeos) sometime in the next 6 weeks, to give the Monaro a 2Km run.
First time to Echuca was about 1988 (?) when I was 'transitioning' between a Kingswood and a Commodore via a Nissan 240E.
That visit started an expensive hobby, model car collecting, when I spotted the 1.43 McPhee / Mulholland Monaro from 1968.
Had to have it, as that was my first Bathurst visit.

Two years ago, we planned to see the Temora Aviation Museum, but it was closed on the day we were there ........... must have been Wunday, the 8th day of the week, so will try to work that in as well.

I hope that somebody will take over the museum, be a loss to the Holden community if it goes, but inevitable, I suppose.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I wonder what sort of money they were after for the whole show?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Arrived home on Saturday from a 7 day trip to Echuca to see what was left there.
Took the Cross6 instead of the Monaro, so we could fit all of ‘her’ stuff in it.

Had a day and a half at Temora to visit the Aviation Museum and the Rural Museum. Worth a look at both, if you have time to spare..

Spent 3 touristy days in Echuca. The Museum is still packed with the usual old Holdens, and a couple of interesting prototypes that belong to GMH (or whatever they are called now) and will be returned to them, to be put on display somewhere else, perhaps.
Only spent an hour there as it was somewhat deserted and predictable.
Bought (another) model car, but if we hadn’t visited, I would be wondering what I had missed. Curiosity now satisfied.

Apart from the M1 and M7 and a bit of the Hume, the roads we took were mostly country roads that were not busy, so we could dawdle along at a constant 90kmh and enjoy the serenity without being a mobile road block.
2,144kms travelled at an average speed of 76kmh, and actual 9.8 fuel consumption. Not bad for a 155Km old, reputed AWD gas guzzler.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Arrived home on Saturday from a 7 day trip to Echuca to see what was left there.
Took the Cross6 instead of the Monaro, so we could fit all of ‘her’ stuff in it.

Had a day and a half at Temora to visit the Aviation Museum and the Rural Museum. Worth a look at both, if you have time to spare..

Spent 3 touristy days in Echuca. The Museum is still packed with the usual old Holdens, and a couple of interesting prototypes that belong to GMH (or whatever they are called now) and will be returned to them, to be put on display somewhere else, perhaps.
Only spent an hour there as it was somewhat deserted and predictable.
Bought (another) model car, but if we hadn’t visited, I would be wondering what I had missed. Curiosity now satisfied.

Apart from the M1 and M7 and a bit of the Hume, the roads we took were mostly country roads that were not busy, so we could dawdle along at a constant 90kmh and enjoy the serenity without being a mobile road block.
2,144kms travelled at an average speed of 76kmh, and actual 9.8 fuel consumption. Not bad for a 155Km old, reputed AWD gas guzzler.
So,

How's the serenity?