Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec Top Swap w/ Mace Air to Air Transient Timing issue

Moosen92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Storm
Hi all!

I’ve recently installed the Mace a2a kit, and had Rhys at RK Garage to whip up a flash tune for me, however it seems to want to stall under a quick heavy load, or sometimes when switching from Park to drive.

I have flash tuner pro etc, so rather than posting the ecu back and forth, he could just send me tunes and I could flash them on. We tried adding more/less fuel, to no avail. But he still seems to believe it’s transient fuelling or timing related, (“something in the tune”), rather than anything hardware.

I did change a couple things while installing the A2A and was basically wondering if anyone would have any idea if it might be something more hardware related, or if they might know what I should watch and log on Advanced engine diagnostics, to try and identify the cause of the issue?

I installed the a2a, 60lb injectors, Yellowjacket coils, new Delphi DFI module, Walbro 255 fuel pump, 80° thermostat.

It does also sometimes have issues starting, mostly in the cold, which l believe could be crank angle sensor, and if so, could that also be causing the wanting to stall issue?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.