Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Embroider Dash Panel

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Would anyone know if it is possible to remove the left-hand dash panel where the alacantra section is, and then once it has been removed, have a word embroided on that panel.

I have a 2016 Calais V with the white interior. I would lobe to get the word "Calais" embroided in Red on the white alacantra. This would be in the exact same position as the SS, SSV logos are on the left-hand side of the dash.

My wife has a $3K embroidery machine and I was thinking that if this is possible and if I can get the pattern, I will either have her do it or perhaps take it to an upholsterer and get it done. Maybe I am better off just taking it to an upholsterer and getting them to deal with it.

Anyone else done this...

Thanks

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
EDIT: woops wrong advice

Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Would anyone know if it is possible to remove the left-hand dash panel where the alacantra section is, and then once it has been removed, have a word embroided on that panel.

I have a 2016 Calais V with the white interior. I would lobe to get the word "Calais" embroided in Red on the white alacantra. This would be in the exact same position as the SS, SSV logos are on the left-hand side of the dash.

My wife has a $3K embroidery machine and I was thinking that if this is possible and if I can get the pattern, I will either have her do it or perhaps take it to an upholsterer and get it done. Maybe I am better off just taking it to an upholsterer and getting them to deal with it.

Anyone else done this...

Thanks
I have definitely thought about it.
I always wondered why the calais never had anything there

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Fairly simple to remove, open glove box and slide fingers under the dash trim that runs along the dash and pull it away. Once removed undo the 3 7mm bolts that hold pthe top of the glove box and also the 3 on the bottom. Remove the glove box and unclip the light harness. Then look up through the dash and find the 3 7mm bolts that hold the trim panel in place these are best to get a spanner on to undo and once loosened off someone with small hands to remove them. Then pop up some of the radio trim on the lh side. Now is the case of just pulling the trim panel away from the dash

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yes do what vywgn said, the panel does not just pull off it is bolted in place.

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Thanks all, I have sent some photos to a Custom Trimmer today. See what he comes back with. And glad to see I am not the only one that thought the Calais was missing something there.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
Thanks all, I have sent some photos to a Custom Trimmer today. See what he comes back with. And glad to see I am not the only one that thought the Calais was missing something there.
Would be interested to see how it come out.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My SS also does not have anything there. I will buy spare panel, remove the trim and see what can be done...
Just something different