Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Light.

DecideLater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder SV6
Hi all, recently became the owner of a beautiful 2011 VE Thunder SV6. She'd been running great from the moment I received the keys from the dealership. About 2 weeks ago while making my way home from work the engine light came on and the car was rough idling, I pulled over, popped the bonnet couldn't really see anything that would cause an issue, turned the car off, turned it back on again after waiting 30 seconds, rough idle was gone but the engine light was still on. So I drove over to my local supercheap auto hoping they'd be able to scan the car, they were unable to scan it due to only having two staff members on, so I purchased a scan tool that was recommended to me by the retail assistant. Plugged it into the OBD2 port, and it displayed "NA 01/02" I'm not 100% sure what this means. From what I can sorta understand is that the ECM and the tool aren't talking to each other. After unplugging the tool and leaving the shop, the engine light was no longer on, so I carried on like normal, that was until it happened again 2 days later and then again this afternoon.
I am losing my mind as to what the issue could be. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, also recommendations for a decent scan tool that wont bust my bank!

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what scan tool did you buy
often the weird code is a description code for one of the computers
so pressing enter at that stage will take you into that computer
in your case, my guess is your scan tool found two computers
pressing right or down will probably change to 02/02

DecideLater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder SV6
what scan tool did you buy
often the weird code is a description code for one of the computers
so pressing enter at that stage will take you into that computer
in your case, my guess is your scan tool found two computers
pressing right or down will probably change to 02/02
Sorry for the late reply, been busy with work. I brought the Kincrome one, $104.00 from my local super cheap. Would it be faulty O2 sensors? as ive been burning through fuel lately and that only started happening when the above issue was starting.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Return you car to the dealership and tell them to fix the problem. It will be under some sort of warranty.

DecideLater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder SV6
Can't unfortunately, when I brought it, it had 195k on the clock, and due to its age and kms they didn't have to offer a warranty, which the owner did not.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't unfortunately, when I brought it, it had 195k on the clock, and due to its age and kms they didn't have to offer a warranty, which the owner did not.
That doesn't sound right. I'd be investigating this with someone other than the dealer, because AFAIK a dealer has to offer a three month warranty, depending on how much you paid, which I'm assuming was more than the $5k min.