Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EV cars.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Looks like this is the only solution.

OIP.jpg

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My preferred method!

iu

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Some interesting info on battery degradation on Tesla models. Doesn’t seem to be a huge trend of degradation except on the performance models, which are probably copping a harder time due to how they are driven.

Interestingly a lot of models seem to have two tiers of battery degradation with some vastly worse than others. It wouldn’t surprise me if the smaller second tier with vastly reduced battery life are people who use fast chargers on a regular basis.

It’s well known at this point that fast charging degrades battery life quicker along with charging above 80%, which is well worth considering if you are looking at getting an EV. If you are going to have to fast charge it all the time then it’s probably not the best idea to get one.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Some interesting info on battery degradation on Tesla models. Doesn’t seem to be a huge trend of degradation except on the performance models, which are probably copping a harder time due to how they are driven.

Interestingly a lot of models seem to have two tiers of battery degradation with some vastly worse than others. It wouldn’t surprise me if the smaller second tier with vastly reduced battery life are people who use fast chargers on a regular basis.

It’s well known at this point that fast charging degrades battery life quicker along with charging above 80%, which is well worth considering if you are looking at getting an EV. If you are going to have to fast charge it all the time then it’s probably not the best idea to get one.

Or maybe the second tier is the packs after the re-tool Tesla did in their US plant to change the welding on the batteries.
My thoughts are that this was both a performance and fire mitigation measure by Tesla, by a team of the engineers most likely, no elon, he is a dick head.