Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust for 5.0l VN-VP I want the V8 Gurgle.

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ditto- Gotta 3" mandrel cat back system 4 under 500 clams from Repco(Yeh, I know!). If the engine were any good it'd prolly sound a whole lot better(sounds a bit flat once the engine warms up, but with compression it'd prolly sound meatier!)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
STEALTHY said:
the best sounding exhausts cost big $$$s. I've got a full twin 2.5 system on my calais, with paceys, twin hi flow cats, twin hi flow mufflres and a single resi.

If you wanna hear what mine sounds like, watch this vid, and my car is about a minute and a half in.
clicky
oh, don't take note of the driving, thats was all on closed roads, with police fire and ambulance crews on standby.
Hey stealthy,

That video looks like it was on closed roads like the ones we all drive on.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Yeah I was a bit sus about the loads of parked cars hanging around... How many people in a residential street would allow their road to be closed and pretty much put themself in lockdown until the road is reopened?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Cam

Get a awsome 3" exhaust and a crane, crow cam.... The lumpy cam will give u the sound u want.

All the best ....

V8 Commodores Rule!!! :rice: :mad:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Lukey Stainless Way 2 Go!

Spyder said:
luky mufflers arnt that great. go Magnaflow. :)
Lukey are good for the price and what they offer and alot of people use em! :whistling I agree Magnaflow are the best brand for mufflers but it think the ultraflo stainless Lukey would be just the addition you would want 2 a nice v8, I know id like a stainless system one day

S

stato8

i have a stock 5 litre in a vs statesman , soon to do engine work ,
i have a basic exhasut system and it sounds just like you describe , a great note for a stock engine ,
its really beefy when you start her up as well.
The system consists of stock headers into a 2 1/2 inch single . only one cat and one sports muffler.
does the job a treat , air flows great , and a nice note , a non expensive way for the sound.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
thought the same as the others about the video. all those cars yet the cops and fireys were well hidden, as were the barricades. well worth the download though thoroughly enjoyed it.
if saying what you have to say to make vids more 'legal' is all that has to happen then keep the white fibs coming cos i love the vids.