Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Experience with Paddle Shift on Redline

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
some forum members who don't have Redlines have upgraded their steering wheels at great expense.

its actually dirt cheap for what it adds.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
I moved from a manual wrx to auto R8 last year, and honestly I miss the manual transmission as personally for me its more engaging driving a manual than auto. I decided to go auto as there were no manual clubby's left in Vic when I was looking for a car early last year.
But every time I get behind the wheel, the V8 sound just makes me forget everything else!!

atomic_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon S2
To be honest I haven't played much with the paddles - but it's nice to know they are there if I ever feel the urge. Question though - do you get better results using the paddles putting the auto shifter to the left into "Performance Shift Active" mode? Or is engaging the paddles doing the same thing?

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
T Question though - do you get better results using the paddles putting the auto shifter to the left into "Performance Shift Active" mode? Or is engaging the paddles doing the same thing?
TBH, I don't see any difference in shift pattern when I put the auto shifter into the 'Sports' mode in my R8. I believe its supposed to hold the gears for longer, but I don't really see any difference.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBH, I don't see any difference in shift pattern when I put the auto shifter into the 'Sports' mode in my R8. I believe its supposed to hold the gears for longer, but I don't really see any difference.

Sport mode learns quicker thats all. If you put it in Sport mode on a twisty section of road and really get up it, you will definitely notice it downshifting immediately when you get on the brakes. Keep that up and it will also go into Performance mode, which is even sharper I believe....I've never gotten mine to go into Performance mode 'coz soft cock, obviously.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
To be honest I haven't played much with the paddles - but it's nice to know they are there if I ever feel the urge. Question though - do you get better results using the paddles putting the auto shifter to the left into "Performance Shift Active" mode? Or is engaging the paddles doing the same thing?

Putting into Sport and then applying the paddles will make it go into manual mode permanently until you move the shifter back to D.

If in D, applying the paddles will only be temporary, you will find it goes back to automatic after a short while.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Hired a Mustang with the paddles. Got bored with them after about 30 min.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
A question about the paddles.... i know they have a feature that stops you changing up too early, where you get "shift denied" come up on the screen.

Are they meant to have the same feature when down changing ?

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
A question about the paddles.... i know they have a feature that stops you changing up too early, where you get "shift denied" come up on the screen.

Are they meant to have the same feature when down changing ?
Yeh they do, try put it into 1st at 110km/h

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I must give mine a thrash! I havent seen it rev matching in the S2 like it did in my S1.