Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

extractors????

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
u can run a CAI setup if u want. the v6 supercharged CAI in the best bang for ya buck, at about $60 from any holden dealer, coupled witha k & n should give u a little more preformance gain.
in regards to the exhuast yes u will have a cat and a ressy. if u go for 2 1/4 inch pipes keep the cat u got if u go for 2 1/2 get a high flow cat because the core of that is 2 1/2 where as the core of the one u got on there is 2 1/4 most ppl go for 2 1/2.

K

koma

These guys are very good at what they know, sometimes they over jargonise things. In plain english extractors (pipes) take all the exhause (crap) from the engine and dump it out the arse of the car. In turn increasing power (probably 3-4kw depending on car and quality of extractors).
If your going to get extractors get a CAI setup, to increase performance.
The faster you can put it in and faster you can **** it out the better. (in most cases).

K

kaz21

cool. thanks guys for all your help. the new exhaust goes in on thursday. yay!!!

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
everyone car will have a cat convertoer. jus pop ur head under ur car...about near the front doors, look towards the midle and u will c somethine bulkyin the middle of the exhaust system with wot looks likes holes in the bottem. thats the catalic. ur exhaust then extends towards the rear of the car to your muffler which is usually a round cylinder about 6inches wide i guess and then comes ur tail pipe which pokes out the back.

i have now forgot wot else u asked...so good luck

B

built4girls

hey kaz 21

ui feel your pain i am also a girl and was in your situation a couple of years ago......... yes your car already has a cat.......... but it is not 100% essential to keep it on but however is is benificial for the well being of it......... go 4 the extractors and 3' all the way it will sound awesome....... are you just getting piping from the cat back>?

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
3' is going way too far unless you have the mods to back it up,but then again if ya had done the kinda mods to run a 3' ya better off going for a twin 2 1/4 inch setup

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
3' may sound great, but you will definitely lose power. :rice:
vpbeast was spot on if ya car has been heavily modified, but if it's mild a single 2 1/4' or 2 1/2' system is the way to go. Extractors for even more power :yeah:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I hear this story alot about needing some back pressure or restriction in the exhaust to make more power but it's just not true. If your extractors are tuned right for the engine/cam you wont lose any power or tourqe with a large exhaust pipe or no exhaust pipe at all but you sure will loose power with a small pipe, having a restrictive exhaust is only going to help if the extractors were too wide or too short in the first place, 1 5/8 inch wide and 30 inch long extractors would be a good starting point, longer if you wanted more bottom end, but most likely if you go and ask your exhaust shop for some 40 inch long extractors he will look at you like you are a freak : ), I'm going to make my own one of these days using pipe rammed full of sand to get some good smooth bends