Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 suspension

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
Is there any difference between VE FE2 and VF FE2? I’m looking to replace my VE front suspension and have found a set of VF for a good price. Will these fit straight on or is there a difference between the models?
Cheers

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
VE and VF front struts are not interchangeable, knuckle to strut bolts are different sizes.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can swap the springs onto your VE struts.

The VF has much nicer factory ride heights.

Our series 1 was way too high with Fe2. Was able to compare with a factory Fe2 VF and it was significantly different.

We went on to lower the car and it has never been a good choice. We got the front slightly lower than a VF front ride height, but the back has always been too low.

Was planning on doing this very swap to use the VF SS springs.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
You can swap the springs onto your VE struts.

The VF has much nicer factory ride heights.

Our series 1 was way too high with Fe2. Was able to compare with a factory Fe2 VF and it was significantly different.

We went on to lower the car and it has never been a good choice. We got the front slightly lower than a VF front ride height, but the back has always been too low.

Was planning on doing this very swap to use the VF SS springs.
Unfortunately it’s the mounting bolt at the top of the strut that is the issue, not the springs. I’ll keep searching.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Unfortunately it’s the mounting bolt at the top of the strut that is the issue, not the springs. I’ll keep searching.

It isn't the top nut, the 2 bolts that attach the strut to the hub on the VF are bigger in diameter.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m not suggesting to use the struts. I’m suggesting to buy them, remove the springs and fit the springs to your VE struts.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
It isn't the top nut, the 2 bolts that attach the strut to the hub on the VF are bigger in diameter.

Didn’t mean the top nut. The bolts on my struts are work and they are the problem. I realise the VF struts are different.

I’m not suggesting to use the struts. I’m suggesting to buy them, remove the springs and fit the springs to your VE struts.

It’s the struts I need, my springs are fine.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
It’s the struts that I need, there’s nothing wrong with my springs. As has been said, the VF strut bolts are a different size so will keep looking for VE struts.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It’s the struts that I need, there’s nothing wrong with my springs. As has been said, the VF strut bolts are a different size so will keep looking for VE struts.

What is wrong with your struts? I personally wouldn't be putting in 2nd hand struts....

Finding them is easy...Any spare parts store stocks them