Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guidance installing VF SS Bimodal exhaust on VF S1

nz_bmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 - SV6
Hi guys,

Have searched high and low for a definitive answer, or more importantly links on how to install a pair of SS exhausts on my VF. It was a boy look, so if i have missed the obvious "How to page" can you please direct me there :)

Have read over and over about requiring a PWM, with no direct references or ebay links as to where to purchase one?

Any assistance would be great!

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15

nz_bmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 - SV6

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all sorry for the long post.

I finally gave up on trying to get the VF 2 bimodels working on my car (series 1 ssv) and decided to buy some new ones of eBay.

So I Spent some time deciding whether I was gonna make up adapter plate and try and adapt the new ones to the ones fitted on the exhaust or if I just cut the old ones out and weld in the new ones.

I got an exhaust shop to cut the old bimodels off and weld the new bimodels to the mufflers.

I then found a hole in the boot covered with aluminium backed bitumen to run the power through and mounted the control box next to the battery in the boot.

I have one of the remotes mounted just under the steering column because there is a nice little spot there and it’s hidden. (I hate anything in my car that doesn’t NEED to be there)

Here are some pictures of the project and a link to the new bimodel controllers off eBay

2.5" inch 63mm Universal Electronic Exhaust Control Valve Vacuum Cutout Kit EVC
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/332403155986

Here is where I mounted the controller with some Velcro stripes.

Hi all sorry for the long post.-1.jpeg

This is the hole in the boot it’s on the other side to the battery. Unfortunately there’s no plugs that I could easily get to on the passenger side Big enough to fit the wiring and plugs.

Hi all sorry for the long post..jpeg

This is where it pops out under the car I also had to remove the heat shield that sits above the muffler on the drivers side to get access to where the wires come out.

Hi all sorry for the long post.-2.jpeg

And this it’s the finished product.

IMG_4195.JPG.jpeg
IMG_4194.JPG.jpeg

This is a cold start with open valves then closed

sorry about the audio quality it was shot on an iphone

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi all sorry for the long post.

I finally gave up on trying to get the VF 2 bimodels working on my car (series 1 ssv) and decided to buy some new ones of eBay.

So I Spent some time deciding whether I was gonna make up adapter plate and try and adapt the new ones to the ones fitted on the exhaust or if I just cut the old ones out and weld in the new ones.

I got an exhaust shop to cut the old bimodels off and weld the new bimodels to the mufflers.

I then found a hole in the boot covered with aluminium backed bitumen to run the power through and mounted the control box next to the battery in the boot.

I have one of the remotes mounted just under the steering column because there is a nice little spot there and it’s hidden. (I hate anything in my car that doesn’t NEED to be there)

Here are some pictures of the project and a link to the new bimodel controllers off eBay

2.5" inch 63mm Universal Electronic Exhaust Control Valve Vacuum Cutout Kit EVC
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/332403155986

Here is where I mounted the controller with some Velcro stripes.

View attachment 201357

This is the hole in the boot it’s on the other side to the battery. Unfortunately there’s no plugs that I could easily get to on the passenger side Big enough to fit the wiring and plugs.

View attachment 201358

This is where it pops out under the car I also had to remove the heat shield that sits above the muffler on the drivers side to get access to where the wires come out.

View attachment 201359

And this it’s the finished product.

View attachment 201360 View attachment 201361

This is a cold start with open valves then closed

sorry about the audio quality it was shot on an iphone
Great work mate. That's a cheap, easy and neat work around for VF1 owners. 10/10!

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
So matriccho you have the gts mid section, Vf2 mufflers with the electronic bimodal cutoff and a new electronic valve attached with vf2 tips?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
What did you do with the VF2 bimodal valves? I’m after a set,if you still have them and don’t want them how much for the pair?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@abuch47 yep I have gen F 2.5” mid section with the X pipe and VF2 mufflers with aftermarket bimodel valves and standard exhaust tips.

@LS1SS the exhaust shop kept the valves that they cut off but I have the motors and wiring for the standard bimodels at home.

Would also like to add the mid section, mufflers and the clamps come from planet parts and I think it was $400-$460 delivered to Brisbane from Melbourne and they showed up with in week and it was really easy to deal with them.