Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guide to Removing Paint Work Stains and Bringing Back That Shine

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Submitted by Phil

1. 3M Rubbing compound, it comes in a 1ltr black plastic bottle.
  2. 3M Perfect-it Polishing Pad Glaze, comes in a 1ltr black plastic bottle.
  3. Woollen Buffing Pad.
  4. 3M foam waffle pad.
  5. Use a wool pad to do your cutting and spray the compound with a little water, this just softens the stuff a little.
  6. Set the speed of the buffer to about 900 to 1200 rpms... if its any faster you need to be carefull not to rub the paint off.
  7. Use the rubbing compound on the whole roof not just the affected area as you will notice a big difference one you have done the roof.
  8. You can just test it first on one of the spots and see if it goes. Then do the whole roof.
  9. Once you have completed that wash of the excess as if its left to dry its very hard to get off.
  10. Change the woollen pad for the black foam waffle pad to use the buffing polish.
  11. Then use the Perfect-it polish to finish off the job, this product is great, it will remove any swerls on the paint surface and can be used on the whole car by itself. This product can be used by hand also, its good for removing those CAT scratches on the bonnet.
  12. Use a little water with the polish also as it increases the heat when buffing which will give you the show room shine gloss on your paint.
  13. After all that give the car a realy good wash as this stuff flicks everywhere.
  14. Then finaly touch the paint off with some good quality carnubawax (excuse the spelling).

Wear some shitty clothes as it can get a little messy... hehe but its great fun!!...

Hope this is some help to you, I know it seems long but I thought I'd step it out so as to not confuse anyone... If you need more info give me a hoi.

ww1313

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs aclaim v6
Hi Darren, what about the clear coat, wont it take it all of. My vs has a few spot of clear coat bubbling and peeling only on the bonnet near the window. was told I will have to respray it all.
Thanks ww1313