Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] Haltech E6GMX

vn ss v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS V8 Commo
Hey fellas,
Have a Haltech E6GMX for my VN SS. Have had it tuned professionally but the guy was useless. Car seemed to run same,got home advanced dizzy slightly and increased performance anyway I was wondering if anyone has a Haltech E6GMX properly tuned and could possibly pass on maps.

Configuration-- 1)pacemaker coneovers into a 3 inch exhaust from cat back
2)High Vol Fuel pump from VL Turbo (new)
3)Size 10 Leads
4)Pod
5)High Performance Coil
6)16 inch Thermo
7)HSV 700 cfm injectors
other than that Motor is pretty much standard. Any replies or help would be much appreciated. Also Should Air Con work normally when Haltech installed (Mine Didn't). Sorry guys forgot to mention Number 7)

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
the likes of greenfoam might be able to assist you with some basic maps, but really it's difficult to set up a tune without getting the car on the rollers or at the very least road testing with a laptop hooked up.

The Haltech does support A/C, the guy who set up the Haltec has obviously forgotten to enable the setting. If you read through the instructions you should be able to find how to enable the A/C.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
Step 1: Remove Haltech, throw in nearest bin

Step 2: Reinstall stock Delco ECU

Step 3: Have Delco ECU tuned (or install a modified MEMCAL from Greenfoam)

Step 4: Drive away a happy man.

i have a e6gm so dont think im having a go but for what you have done to your car put the delco back in and get one of foams tunes and see the diffrence i had one before the heltec and he tuned the blowen engine un seen on the other end of aust and it was very close i only gained 20 hp when it was tuned on the rollers with e6gm. i had a few aftermarket tunes before it was blowen in the delco and his tune chewed the lot on the gtec. how much did the heltec cost you??

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
i have a e6gm so dont think im having a go but for what you have done to your car put the delco back in and get one of foams tunes and see the diffrence

WTF? I don't get what your trying to say...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Step 1: Remove Haltech, throw in nearest bin

Step 2: Reinstall stock Delco ECU

Step 3: Have Delco ECU tuned (or install a modified MEMCAL from Greenfoam)

Step 4: Drive away a happy man.

+1

i have a e6gm so dont think im having a go but for what you have done to your car put the delco back in and get one of foams tunes and see the diffrence i had one before the heltec and he tuned the blowen engine un seen on the other end of aust and it was very close i only gained 20 hp when it was tuned on the rollers with e6gm. i had a few aftermarket tunes before it was blowen in the delco and his tune chewed the lot on the gtec. how much did the heltec cost you??

a custom tune should yield more power as you can test it on the spot. a custom tune on the Delco ecu FTW

have a look at IBLOWN or what ever it's called now, Delcowizzid did a tune, they run it on the roller and then delco modified the tune to suit. did a few tunes with different amounts of advance and it runs ace. nothing like having the drivablility of the stock ecu

Last edited:

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
WTF? I don't get what your trying to say...

ok i have a heltec and i like it for what is done to my car and no one near where i live can tune a delco hence why i use the heltec but for what he has had done to his car and the testing foam has done...... look at the foams times i have had that tune and it rocks. and i dont see any cars on here that are basicly stock running a heltec and getting the same times.
there is a diffrence between on road tuning and tuning on the rollers but that another can of worms that i dont car to open.

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
well i spoke to a guy the other day i asked him if i should get a haltec when i build my 383 he insisted on me keeping the delco so greenfoam get ready coz when the motor is built the car will be tuned -by you