Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Harrop HTV2300 with Glilmer 1.14:1

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I do when I launch it

Well if you play those games you end up with broken engines no matter what.
Richard Holdner said he had a 5l fox body mustang and drag raced it for years then one day the block split sreet driving it.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Richard Holdner said he had a 5l fox body mustang and drag raced it for years then one day the block split sreet driving it.

I've run track/drag club cars for years and have never lunched an engine, lots of laps around Oran park, Wakefield, Eastern Creek and WSID

If you build it right, and know its weaknesses, you can lean on it as long as you are smart

And yes, everything can break, but by not running them near their limit it places alot less stress

How highly strung was Holdner car, from your previous post about how much power a LS can handle I assume it was alot more than 550-600 engine hp, and reved well past 6300rpm

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I've run track/drag club cars for years and have never lunched an engine, lots of laps around Oran park, Wakefield, Eastern Creek and WSID

If you build it right, and know its weaknesses, you can lean on it as long as you are smart

And yes, everything can break, but by not running them near their limit it places alot less stress

How highly strung was Holdner car, from your previous post about how much power a LS can handle I assume it was alot more than 550-600 engine hp, and reved well past 6300rpm

I think it was 600-650hp.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Spoke with Harrop today, the gilmer rear drive negates warranty on the supercharger, there is a mechanical reason why it negates warranty, I won't mumble my recollection of the conversation though, but, no rear gilmer drive for the "Cherry Bomb"

Harrop are happy with a 80mm pulley on the nose with the stock balancer, it will still only need a 60k km service, and they recommend that the 80mm pulley is the smallest I should go, again, any smaller and no warranty and alot less belt life

As the 80mm pulley spins it up more it should increase whiney goodness a bit, which makes me happy

So, the car will go in to Autotech Engineering soon for a 80mm pulley and some touch ups on the tune by Spiro

How much extra power will the 5mm smaller pulley make, apparently 5mm difference is around 2-3 psi, so possibly running IVO 10 psi? I estimate "some" more

Will the built 4L60e drop it showbags, I don't think so, the test will be when WSID opens up and I see what ET and MPH the old girl makes on a sticky track

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Certain Ford motors had a reputation for splitting blocks but that doesn't mean all engines do that.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Spoke with Harrop today, the gilmer rear drive negates warranty on the supercharger, there is a mechanical reason why it negates warranty, I won't mumble my recollection of the conversation though, but, no rear gilmer drive for the "Cherry Bomb"

Harrop are happy with a 80mm pulley on the nose with the stock balancer, it will still only need a 60k km service, and they recommend that the 80mm pulley is the smallest I should go, again, any smaller and no warranty and alot less belt life

As the 80mm pulley spins it up more it should increase whiney goodness a bit, which makes me happy

So, the car will go in to Autotech Engineering soon for a 80mm pulley and some touch ups on the tune by Spiro

How much extra power will the 5mm smaller pulley make, apparently 5mm difference is around 2-3 psi, so possibly running IVO 10 psi? I estimate "some" more

Will the built 4L60e drop it showbags, I don't think so, the test will be when WSID opens up and I see what ET and MPH the old girl makes on a sticky track

How long you had the supercharger on for ?
What's the warranty time?
What's the issue?
I thought / was told the gilmer drive came standard with the kit= I elected to not have it installed .
I am thinking of installing now or in the hopefully near future ( although I never took possession of= will need to buy = again! ).
Considering mines been installed for 7 years = WOW = REALLY that long= time flies and 29k kms I think my warranty is well and truly past it's used by date !!!!

Reactions: Lex

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
How long you had the supercharger on for ?
What's the warranty time?
What's the issue?
I thought / was told the gilmer drive came standard with the kit= I elected to not have it installed .
I am thinking of installing now or in the hopefully near future ( although I never took possession of= will need to buy = again! ).
Considering mines been installed for 7 years = WOW = REALLY that long= time flies and 29k kms I think my warranty is well and truly past it's used by date !!!!

I would ring and talk to Josh at Harrop

Gilmer isn't standard

Warranty is 3 years/60k km

https://www.harrop.com.au/warranty-policy

IRT a toothed gilmer drive look at clause 2.2.4 ii

Mine has only been on for maybe 6 months

It's an expensive item to repair/replace, and logistically troublesome, plus I like to err on the side of caution