Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight Probs

U

uwannabme

i seem to be having a problem with my left front head light. when i have the headlights on normal the left is dimed but when i place the high beams on that same light is not dimed but the same as right one (not dimed). does anyone know what the prob is.
thanks for any help..

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
You need a new LH Headlight Globe Swap your right one into the left and you'll see what I mean. Just dont touch the glass on the bulb as it f%$#'s them

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
head light's are pretty cool, if you rip out yoru headlight bulp you will see what i mean, there isnt 1 element inside of the bulb, there is 2, when the headlight is put onto a certain possition, e.g. normal, it will put only 1 of the elements on, and when it's on highbeam, it simply put's both of them on, they are called a duel element bulb, (prety technical name hey) if one blow's, the other one will glow realy dull, it's as simple as that, replace the bulb, and all will be fine, but be very very carefull, like old mate above said, dont touch the new globe glass, what you should to is put some paper over the top of the bulb when you put it in, to prevent oil from yoru finger's getting onto it, what the oil does is creates a hot spot as the oil heats up, over a period of about 2 weeks it will slowly deform the glass bulb and simply blow the guts out of it,

enjoy

cheers
garth

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
haha I was going to explain the dual element bulb so he understood but I had a bowl of soya crisps and a fresh beer. Had to keep it short so I settled for taking it out and seeing what I mean

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
To be more helpful Here is the 'H4' bulb you need, you can see the dual element.

Grab two of the below bulb if you can afford them, I like the light they throw and the look of them. Narva and some cheaper brands also make the xenon type globe, in my experience the Hella one's have been the best. And most of all they meet ADR's (Australian Design Regulations).

Hella H4 Premium Xenon - Cool Blue

Part No. is- XDB 1260/55BL